Samsung has already released the Android 7.0 Nougat officially for various devices. Now the AT&T S6 & S6 Edge (SM-G925A/G920A) devices can get the official firmware update from Samsung. This latest update comes with build ID G925AUCU5EQA8 and G920AUCU5EQA8 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and comes with March 2017 security patch. This new Google’s OS version brings many new features like Performance enhancement, New Multi-window features, UI tweaks and much more. Also, the firmware is very fast, stable and smoothly run on these devices. Samsung has rolled out the update via OTA (Over-The-Air) so not all users can get the OTA update at the same time. If the Android 7.0 Nougat has yet not reached in your region then still you can install it manually by using Odin app.
Odin is an official firmware flashing tool that allows you to flash any official firmware on Samsung devices. By following this simple step by step guide, you can install official update Android 7.0 Nougat on your AT&T S6 & S6 Edge devices. This latest update brings all the latest Android stock features and changes for your device. If you are interested in updating your AT&T S6 & S6 Edge devices to Android 7.0 Nougat then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM- G925A/ G920A. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM – G925A/ G920A.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/G920A during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM – G925A/ G920A, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/ G920A USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-J700F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM – G925A/ G920A will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM – G925A/ G920A, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download G925AUCU5EQA8 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download G920AUCU5EQA8 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download ODIN v3.12.5
Steps to Update Samsung AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge (SM-G925A/G920A) to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.0 Nougat and Odin v3.10.7 for AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/ G920A on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/G920A to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM – G925A/ G920A. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes.
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/ G920A will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G925A/G920A to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.