Samsung pushed the latest official Android 5.0 update for Galaxy Note 3 (International Version) model number SM-N9005 that comes with security up to the latest 2016 needs. This Lollipop update brings build number N9005XXUGBPD3 and if you were previously running a custom ROM on your device then you can also use this guide to restore your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to stock. Its important to keep your Android phone updated with the latest official or non-official Lollipop firmware for more safety and security against malwares.
In this guide we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to update International Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop security update. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide on how to flash the new official firmware. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to the installation guide.
|Model name||GALAXY Note3|
|Build date||Fri, 22 Apr 2016 05:13:29 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2016-04-02|
This guide containing the Official Android 5.o Lollipop security update and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 during or after the installation of Lollipop security updates. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 3, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 3 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 3 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 3 will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Note 3, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop 2016 Security Patch on Galaxy Note 3 LTE:
1:- First, download Android 5.0 N9005XXUGBPD3 firmware on the desktop of your computer or any other place that you can easily access.
2:- Once the firmware file is downloaded, extract the archived contents but do not extract the N9005XXUGBPD3 tar.md5 firmware update file because this file will be used to load in Odin flashing tool.
3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy Note 3 in order to boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
4:- Launch the Odin exe on your PC as an Administrator.
5:- Next, plug the Galaxy Note 3 with the PC using its USB cable.
6:- In Odin tool, make sure that the Re-Partition option is Unchecked.
7:- Click the AP button in Odin now.
8:- Locate the N9005XXUGBPD3 tar.md5 firmware file and load it in Odin.
9:- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of Android 5.0 2016 Security Update and sit back.
10:- After the Android 5.0 installation is completed, the PASS alert will be appeared and your phone will restart in normal mode.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 5.0 Lollipop 2016 security patches on Galaxy Note 3 LTE International variant.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question while installation.