Download/Install J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J1 Mini Prime [SM-J106H]: Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime has started receiving the latest security patch. The new July 2018 security patch update for one of its flagship device, Galaxy J1 Mini Prime is now available to download. The build number will change to J106HDDS0ARF2 after upgrading Galaxy J1 Mini Prime to the latest firmware. The size of the new update is around 1.24GB which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The update contains a bunch of security fixes for many CVEs and other security threats. We highly recommend updating the Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime.
Let talk about the hardware specifications of Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime. This device comes with a 5.6 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1480 pixels. Galaxy J6 is powered by 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Cortex-A5 Exynos 7870 Octa CPU coupled with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB internal memory. Galaxy J1 Mini Prime is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The smartphone brings a 16MP rear Camera, 5MP front shooting camera and fingerprint.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy J1 Mini Prime and hit the download to upgrade your device to July 2018 Security Patch J106HDDS0ARF2 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow July 2018 Security update on Galaxy J1 Mini Prime. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy J1 Mini Prime.
- Firmware Details: Model SM-J106H
- Model name: Galaxy J1 Mini Prime
- Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- PDA: J106HDDS0ARF2
Please note that Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow July 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy J1 Mini Prime.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy J1 Mini Prime?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy J1 Mini Prime, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy J1 Mini Prime. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest July 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy J1 Mini Prime using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime.
Download J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J1 Mini Prime
How To Manually Install J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Update on Galaxy J1 Mini Prime using ODIN:
To Install J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security for Galaxy J1 Mini Prime using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed J106HDDS0ARF2 July 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J1 Mini Prime based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy J1 Mini Prime.