Here is how to install J530FMXXU7CSH8 Android 9 update on Galaxy J5 2017. Samsung has started pushing out the latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware version for the Galaxy J5 2017 models. You may already know that the firmware updates are being rolled out in stages via OTA (over-the-air) for all Galaxy J5 2017 users worldwide. You can install these updates over-the-air once you get the update notification.
As the OTA updates take a while before it reaches all devices but still being an advanced user, you can install it manually using our guide below. Check the instructions below to learn how to manually installed the new firmware yourself.
How to manually install J530FMXXU7CSH8 Android 9 Update for Galaxy J5 2017:
Follow the given step-by-step guide to install the new update and the Android 9.0 Pie firmware files using the ODIN app. Keep in mind that J530FMXXU7CSH8 is an entirely unbranded firmware. Thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your relevant data before proceeding to install the J530FMXXU7CSH8 Android 9 Update.
Make sure to apply all the steps listed below in order to complete the update process.
Do not try to install the official Android 9 Pie update over a custom ROM. As a result, you might end up bricking your phone. Verify the model number of your phone by navigating to Settings> About Phone and under the Model version of your device you should find the “SM-J530FM”. If your Galaxy J5 2017 has a different model number, then you shouldn’t use this tutorial, as it won’t work for your device.
Please note that the guide is destined to be used by advanced users only. We at androidblog.online cannot be held responsible in case you end up bricking the device nor in case you lose any critical data files.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy J5 2017; in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy J5 2017 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy J5 2017 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download J530FMXXU7CSH8 Android 9 Update
Steps: How To Update Galaxy J5 2017 via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to the Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy J5 2017 via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available, then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies’s home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction, and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 to Official Android 9.0 Pie 2019 Firmware
Make sure to apply all the steps listed below to complete the update process.
- First of all, download the Android 9 Pie firmware update file zip for Galaxy J5 2017 J530FM on the desktop of your computer.
- Once the download completes, unpack the archive and save all the files on your PC.
- Next, download Odin 3.13.3 from the above link and extract the contents on your PC.
- Power off your Galaxy J5 to boot it in Download Mode.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until the screen shows a blue background and some text.
- Press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Now, open the Odin exe on your computer as an administrator.
- Connect your phone to your computer using its USB data cable. Wait for Odin to add the phone and then get to the next step.
- Click the “AP” button in Odin, then find and load the J530FMXXU7CSH8 file with AP in its name.
- Now you can find the J530FMXXU7CSH8_BL file and load it in the BL field.
- Click CP and load the J530FMXXU7CSH8 with CP in its name.
- Finally, click CSC and load the file with HOME_CSC_J530FMXXU7CSH8 in its name.
- Click on the START button to confirm the installation.
- Once the update process completes, you will see a green PASS notification displayed by the ODIN app.
- Disconnect the Galaxy J5 from your PC and you are done.
- Your phone will reboot, and the installation of Android 9 Pie firmware will be done.
These were the easy steps to install the J530FMXXU7CSH8 Android 9 update on Galaxy J5 2017 phone. Let us know in the comments area below if you need any kind of help regarding the above steps.