Samsung Galaxy S20 series is the first to start getting the July 2020 security patch. Samsung is the most popular Android manufacturing brand and now it is rolling out the latest security patches for its devices. Recently, Samsung started pushing out the July 2020 security patch for the Galaxy S20 series. This is the second time that the Samsung Galaxy S20 series is receiving the monthly security patch before Google Pixel devices. The most recent update comes with lots of improvements, customizations, fixes bugs, added some new features, and much more.
Follow our given below step by step guide on how to download and install the July 2020 security patch for Samsung Galaxy S20 series. The latest official update comes with build number G98xNKSU1ATFD along with July 2020 security patch. The security update comes with camera enhancements in zoomed, improves video stabilization, able to record over Bluetooth microphones, user-requested features, and much more. Also, the update brings many other improvements, many bug fixes, and so on. After upgrading you can enjoy all the features on your own device officially.
Samsung started rolling out the July 2020 security patch for the Samsung Galaxy S20 series via OTA (over-the-air). So not all users are getting the update at the same time. If you have not yet received any new notification of the update and excited to upgrade your device, then you can install it manually. You can download the latest Samsung official firmware by using the Frija firmware download tool. Frija is one of the best Samsung firmware downloader tools. It allows users to download the latest official stock firmware for Samsung phones.
Once you download the latest firmware for your device, you can flash it on the Samsung Galaxy S20 series with the help of the Odin flash tool. This official Samsung firmware flashing tool is used to flash any official firmware on Samsung devices. Now without wasting time, go to the download portion and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the official July 2020 Security firmware, and instructions are working with the Galaxy S20 series only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S20 series during or after the installation of an official update. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S20 series; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S20 series USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S20 series by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S20 series is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download Official Update For Galaxy S20 Series:
How To Install Official Update For Galaxy S20 series July 2020 Security Patch:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for the Galaxy S20 series on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S20 series to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S20 series. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S20 series will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install an official update on the Galaxy S20 series. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.