Here is a detailed guide on how to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia V (tsubasa). Sony launched the Sony Xperia V on August 2012. We have already shared several guides to flash Lineage OS 15 for Sony Xperia V, P, Z2, Z5 etc. Now the Xperia V users can upgrade their devices to the new Android 8.1 Oreo firmware. Follow the given instructions to download and Install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia V.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia V (Android 8.1 Oreo)
All thanks to the Lineage team and developers for the Open Source Project. This ROM is a nightly build and is still under development. You may expect some minor bugs or not functioning features.
Google released Android 8.1 Oreo officially for Pixel and Nexus devices. The good news is that you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia V. The latest Lineage OS 15.1 comes with all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, New Notification UI, New Android O Emoji style, Settings Overhaul changes, Picture in Picture mode, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. After installing Lineage OS, you can easily root and customize your phone.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP already installed on your Sony Xperia V to flash the ROM. Also, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of Sony Xperia V to install Lineage OS 15.1. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 and Gapps package.
We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned that how to make a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones. Now follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia V.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia V are working with Sony Sony Xperia V only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Sony phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Sony device on your PC.
- If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Download Lineage OS 15.1:
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia V
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable. Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia V.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.