Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on OnePlus 6. The OnePlus 6 was launched last year with Android 8.0 Oreo and currently running on Android 9.0 Pie OS. If you are the users who want to more customize the phone or use some program which does not support stock firmware. The Lineage OS 16 builds the latest custom firmware for OnePlus 6 which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. This is the first custom ROM from Lineage OS and comes with lots of customizations and features.
Here in this article, we come with a simple and step by step guide on how to download and install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on OnePlus 6. The Lineage OS is one of the best and most popular customs ROMs. After the end of CyanogenMod, Lineage OS took over the charge and it builds and installs the custom ROMs based on stock Android. The custom firmware comes with many new features, enhancements, and customizations. Also, the ROM brings some aftermarket features. So after installing the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on OnePlus 6, you can get the better experience.
In order to install the Lineage OS 16 custom ROM, you must have an unlock boot loader and have already installed the latest TWRP custom recovery on your device. This latest custom firmware is a stable build and smoothly run on your device without any problem. The official stock firmware is good but custom ROM provides some extra features and customizations, which you can’t find in the official firmware.
While installing Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on OnePlus 6, your entire data will be wiped clean. So before proceeding take the full backup of all your important phone data. If you wish to download and install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on OnePlus 6, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie Custom Firmware file is compatible with OnePlus 6 only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 6 phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your OnePlus 6 device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie On OnePlus 6 Custom Firmware:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Havoc OS ROM on your device.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash the Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install the Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM.