Now the latest build of Lineage OS, Lineage OS 17 Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 is available for download. Both Samsung devices have already received the stable One UI 2.0 Android 10 official update in January 2020. We all know that official stock firmware is good but custom ROM gives us some more customizations and aftermarket features that are not possible in Android stock ROM. So if you love the custom ROMs and not satisfy with your official Android 10 OS, then flash this latest build of Lineage OS 17.
Here in this article, we have the latest Lineage OS 17 custom ROM based on Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. If you are an advanced user then you might already know about the Lineage OS custom ROM. The Lineage OS ROM is one of the popular and most used ROM in the Android market. Lineage OS is an open-source operating system that provides the best custom ROMS for the Android platform.
All thanks to the XDA Senior Member abtekk and Lineage OS team for sharing this amazing custom firmware. Recently, Lineage OS already released the custom ROMs for lots of Android phones. Now the company added two more Samsung devices and releasing the Lineage OS 17 Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 custom ROM. The latest Lineage OS 17 custom ROM brings all the Android 10 features such as improved battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, new gesture navigation, enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, system-wide dark mode and much more.
In order to install this latest custom firmware, your device should have an unlocked bootloader and must have already installed the TWRP custom recovery. Keep in mind that installing the TWRP custom recovery will wipe clean all your phone important data. So take the full backup of all your phone data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing the Lineage OS 17 Android 10 for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss that occurred to your device before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your relevant data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files, etc. In case anything goes wrong, then you will be able to restore your data back.
- How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Download LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S9
- Download LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 9
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Lineage OS 17 Android 10 For Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 Android 10 Custom ROM:
- First, download the Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of the sd card on your phone.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (3 Methods).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 Custom ROM based on Android 10.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while flashing the Android 10 Unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM on the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9.