The latest LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One is now officially available to download. This ROM is based on Android Pie. Follow the given guide to download and install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One. The device is quite old but being the owner of this phone, you can now enjoy all the latest Pie features.
OnePlus announced various smartphones with build quality, powerful specs, affordable price, and constant software updates. As we mentioned that OnePlus One is an old device and there is news from the company that either they will release the Android Pie update or not. But thanks to the developers that we now have access to a series of different custom ROMs available for the OnePlus One. LineageOS 16.0 is one of the most popular custom ROMs and you can finally install Android Pie on the OnePlus One.
Android Pie-based LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One
No doubt that the OnePlus One comes with all the great hardware but was discontinued a few years ago and never received the official software updates regularly. You may know that last official Android version supported by the phone was Marshmallow 6.0.1 but the third-party developers worked hard and developed Nougat 7.0/7.1 and Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo for OnePlus One. Now the time is to install Android 9 Pie on OnePlus One.
You can find many Android Pie-based custom ROMs for OnePlus One, but are also not updated regularly as well as some of them are still have bugs. The most popular LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One is updated every week.
LineageOS 16.0 Features
This LineageOS 16.0 ROM brings tons of new changes and you will experience them once you have installed the ROM on your OnePlus One. You can also check out this blog post on XDA for the complete list of features.
Before proceeding to the installation guide to install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One (codename: bacon), check out some of the highlighted features of the LineageOS 16.0 Android Pie ROM below.
- Stock Android-like UI
- Built-in Dark Mode
- LiveDisplay lets you tweak RGB values, change accent colors, color temperature and fine-tune the display
- Privacy Guard gives you granular control over apps and their permissions
- Apps like Jelly Browser (Based on Chromium), Gallery, Screen Recording, Audio EQ, etc
- Customizable power menu
- LineageOS mascot as Easter Egg
- LineageOS 15.1 wallpapers
All you need to have the latest version of a TWRP recovery already installed to easily install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One. Here, we have also given SU installer ZIP, if you wish to root the phone on LineageOS.
This guide containing the LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One Custom ROM is working with the OnePlus One devices. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, as a result, your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your OnePlus One during or after the installation of LineageOS 16.0 ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead to the installation instructions.
- A PC/Laptop and a micro-USB cable.
- Verify that your phone has atleast about 70 to 80% battery to avoid any interruptions during the ROM installation.
- Download TWRP recovery image for OnePlus One (twrp-3.3.1-0-bacon.img).
- Boot your phone in Fastboot mode and use the following command to flash TWRP on the device:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-bacon.img
Download Android Pie-based LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One
- ROM: lineage-16.0-20190603-nightly-bacon-signed.zip | Latest nightly
- GApps: OpenGApps (Nano/Pico package)
- SU (Root ZIP): addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip
Steps to Install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One:
1. First, Download OnePlus One LineageOS 16.0 ROM, SU ZIP and Google Apps files from the above links.
2. Connect your device to the PC using its USB data cable and enable ‘Transfer Files’ mode.
3. Now, transfer all the downloaded files to the phone’s internal/external storage.
4. After transferring files, disconnect the phone from the PC.
5. Next, turn off the OnePlus One completely.
6. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery.
7. While your OnePlus One is in TWRP, navigate to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’.
8. Swipe the ‘Swipe to wipe’ button to wipe the current OS completely.
9. Next, go back to the main screen of recovery and tap on ‘Install’.
10. Go to the phone’s storage and choose the LineageOS 16.0 ROM ZIP.
11. Tap on ‘Add more ZIPs’ and select the Google Apps ZIP now. Repeat the same process for the SU ZIP file too.
12. Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One.
Once the ROM installation process completes successfully, tap on the ‘Reboot System‘ button. The phone will now boot into LineageOS 16.0 based on Android 9 Pie. Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy start exploring the device settings for customization options.
These were the complete steps on how to download LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One and install it via TWRP. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions.