Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 10.4.4.0 Global stable Android pie update for Redmi 6A. The users of Redmi 6A can now download and install the stable Android Pie official update on Redmi 6A based on MIUI10. The Xiaomi revealed that it had suspended the development of the Android pie update for the Redmi 6A device; later, the company changed its mind. Now the time to upgrade your device to the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS.
The Redmi 6A is getting the Android Pie update too late because recently, Google released the Android 10 stable update for Google Pixel and Essential phone. This is a significant update for Redmi 6A, and now you can get the experience of Android Pie OS on your device officially. The MIUI 10 stable update is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner.
You can check first manually by going to phone Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System updates.’ If you do not find any new update with build id number PCBMIXM, then still you can install it manually. Here in this article, we come with a detailed guide on how to download and install the MIUI 10.4.4.0 Global stable Android pie update for Redmi 6A.
Given below, we share the direct link of the MIUI 10 global stable update based on Android 9.0 Pie. Through that, you can download the most recent update and install it on your device. The Android Pie official update comes with lots of new features and customizations such as system-wide Dark Mode, navigation gestures, face unlocks, and much more. Also, the MIUI 10 update brings July 2019 security patch.
This guide containing the MIUI 10 Android 9.0 Pie official update is working with the Xiaomi Redmi 6A device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi 6A by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Redmi 6A USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install MIUI 10.4.4.0 Android Pie Update For Redmi 6A:
Method 1:- Recovery ROM
1. Download MIUI 10.4.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A from the download section on the desktop of your PC.
2. Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Copy/paste the ROM file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
4. Go to Updater Application.
5. After that, click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and select Choose update package
6. Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file that you have already transferred to your device.
7. The Update process will start automatically.
8. Once the installation completes successfully, reboot your device.
That’s All! Now your Xiaomi should have the latest MIUI 10.4.4.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi 6A.
Method 2:- Using Fastboot
If due to some reasons, the method does not work, you can use the following method to install it using the fastboot method.
1. All you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 6A first.
2. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
3. Now, download the fastboot update file from the above link. Make sure that the downloaded file ends with .tgz extension (not .zip).
4. Power OFF Xiaomi Redmi 6A and press the Volume + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Fastboot Mode.
5. Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 6A to your PC using its USB data cable.
6. Double click on the downloaded ROM file and Extract it.
7. Open the file folder for the extracted package and copy its path on your PC.
8. Extract the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 2.
9. Double click on it to install the MIUI ROM flashing tool on your PC.
10. Once the installation process completes, open the MiFlash.exe file.
11. In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file you copied above.
12. Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh. MiFlash will automatically recognize your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
13. Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the phone.
Wait for the process to complete. As the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, it indicates that the new system update is successfully installed on Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A will reboot automatically, and you have the update running. These were the methods to download MIUI 10.4.4.0 for Xiaomi Redmi 6A and install it.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or trouble while installing MIUI 10.4.4.0 Android Pie update for Redmi 6A.