We are glad to report to you that you can now install the stable official update Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro which is based on MIUI 10. Nowadays, Xiaomi is becoming a trendy brand in the Android market because of releasing quick official updates for his flagships. Recently, Google released the stable Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro And OnePlus 7 and now Xiaomi has started rolling out the stable Android 10 for Redmi K20 Pro.
Last month Xiaomi was recruiting beta testers for MIUI based on Android 10. Now the time to upgrade your device with a stable version of Android 10 based on MIUI 10 via official stock firmware. The update is currently available in China and India that will be available soon all over the world. The Android 10 OS comes with lots of new features, customizations, tweaks, and many other improvements.
The most recent update is packed with some amazing features such as system-wide dark mode, more privacy controls, a hierarchy system for notifications, a focus mode to let users silence apps they find distracting, smart reply, new gesture navigation mode among others and much more.
The Android 10 OS also brings a new customization tool that allows users to tweak the icon shapes that appear in the Quick Settings section. If you are not in a region where the update is released, and you are excited to install it as quickly as possible, then given below we share the direct link of MIUI 10 official update based on Android 10. You can download and install it manually by following our given below detailed guide.
This guide containing the MIUI 10 Android 10 official update is working with the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install MIUI 10 Official Update Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro:
- First, download the MIUI 10 Android 10 Update recovery ROM for your phone.
- Now connect your Redmi K20 Pro to your computer via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage.
- Once transferred, disconnect your Redmi K20 Pro and power it OFF.
- Next, enter TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
(Optional): If you’re using a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- Once the above steps complete, go back and tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Browse the internal storage and choose the Recovery ROM zip file.
- Swipe the button on the screen to start installing the firmware on your Xiaomi device.
- Press the ‘Reboot System’ button, once the process completes.
Done! You have successfully installed the MIUI 10 Android 10 ROM for Redmi K20 Pro.