Xiaomi started rolling out the new MIUI 11 closed beta nightly official firmware, which is based on Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S. This is the first official beta update of Android 10 from Xiaomi for the 2018 variants. Now you can download the latest update and install it on your device. The MIUI closed nightly beta update is based on Android 10 and ready to install on your Xiaomi devices. The most recent update is packed with lots of new features and customizations. Given below, we share a direct link of the MIUI 11 Android 10 file for you.
The Xiaomi has already released the Android 10 OS update for his latest devices officially. Last month the Chinese company announced the MIUI 11 latest Android skin, which brings a ton of improvements and new features compared to MIUI 10. Now the company slowly covered the Xiaomi devices worldwide and recently rolling out the MIUI beta update for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S. So if you are the owner of one of these smartphones and waiting for the Android 10 OS, then the wait is over. You can get the MIUI 11 closed beta nightly official firmware Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S.
The Android 10 update brings many new features such as new gesture navigation, system-wide dark theme, and much more. Keep in mind that this is the closed beta nightly update, so you may face some bugs or errors. Take a proper backup of all your valuable phone data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing the MIUI 11 closed beta nightly official firmware based on Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
MIUI 11 Changelog
For those of you who aren’t up to date with what’s new in MIUI 11, here’s the full changelog for the update:
- Attention – Empowering the productive
- Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
- Beauty starts with the text. Our fonts matured.
- Now text looks gorgeous in all languages.
- Now, font-weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text.
- Ambient display:
- The ambient display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes.
- Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
- Sounds of nature:
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share:
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Mi Share works both on phones and computers.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- MIUI allows you to cast videos, games, documents, and apps to more than 300 TV models directly from your phone.
- MIUI’s casting functionality allows you to hide personal items to keep all sensitive things private.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Plan your trips with MIUI: add your flight or train tickets, learn about the weather at your destination, get local mobile data, view the currency exchange rates, or contact your consulate abroad.
- Ultra battery saver:
- Use this feature to challenge your device to a whole day on just 5% of the battery.
- More features:
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Kid space. Create a safe digital environment for your kids.
Family guard. Control connected devices to help your friends and family.
- Screen time. View stats and manage your time more efficiently.
- Emergency SOS. Rapidly press the Power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts.
- Earthquake warnings. Stay safe and informed in case of an earthquake.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Themes. Lots of free resources to make your device truly unique.
- Mi Community. Get the latest news from Xiaomi, test new features, and participate in our events.
- Autofill passwords. Store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them.
- Calendar. All your events in one place.
- Mi AI 3.0. All-new. Much more powerful.
- Security. Safeguard and optimize your device.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
This guide containing the MIUI 11 update for Xiaomi devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps To Install / Download MIUI 11 Closed Beta Nightly Android 10 For Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S:
Method 1: Beta MIUI 11 Recovery ROM:
- First, download the MIUI 11 Android 10 Update file from the above link and rename it to Update.zip.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S with your PC/laptop.
- Move the MIUI 11 Android 10 ROM files to your phone.
- Go to Updater App from your phone app menu, and click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- The installation process will initiate, so wait for the installation to be completed.
- Done! You have successfully installed the Official beta MIUI 11 Android 10 update on Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S.
Method 2: FastBoot Rom:
- First, Download and Install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC/laptop.
- Download the MIUI 11 Update file from the above link.
- Move the MIUI 11 ROM files to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
- Power ON the device while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S with your PC/laptop.
- Open the MiFlash tool and paste the ROM folder path.
- Now, click on the Flash button to start the flashing process. Once the flashing process completes, you will see a Success message in Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- The installation process will start, so wait for the installation to complete successfully.
These were the easy steps to download and install the beta MIUI 11 Android 10 update for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S. Let us know in the comments area if you have any questions.