Here is a detailed guide on how to install MIUI 11 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. MIUI 11 is supporting many Non-Xiaomi devices as it’s created by Xiaomi and MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware. All you need to unlock the bootloader and the latest version of the latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on your Zenfone Max Pro M2 to install MIUI 11.
Let’s talk about the specifications of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. This smartphone comes with a 6.3-inch full-HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It has a 4GB of RAM and powered by 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 brings a dual rear camera with the 13-MP primary sensor and a 12-MP secondary sensor and selfies. The internal memory of the phone is 64GB which can be extended to 512GB via microSD card. Max Pro M2 is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery. The smartphone features a 5-MP camera sensor.
MIUI 11 was launched by Xiaomi in India in October 2019 and in terms of refinement and polishing, it’s a big step up from MIUI 10. MIUI comes added with Always-on display, breathing life notification, and added the system-wide dark mode from Xiaomi. Below we have given the list of highlighted features that you can enjoy by using the new MIUI 11 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
MIUI 11 Features:
- Dark Mode
- Always on Display
- Breathing Notification light.
- Faster Face Unlock + Fingerprint Unlock
- Automatic Screenshot Management
- Unlock by voice command
- New App Drawer
- New sound effects (partly with Dolby)
- Improved AI Features
- Status bar optimization
- Battery charge status on an info screen
- Private albums for videos
- Refreshed icons and Smoother Animations
- Improved energy saving functions like Monochrome
Please note that you can use this guide for the Zenfone Max Pro M2 device. Do not try this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
- Make a full backup of your device data without root. before proceeding to the installation instructions. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- You need to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- Download the required TWRP file, MIUI 11 zip file, and Supported GApps package from the download section.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is above 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the firmware.
- MIUI 11: Download
- Download Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
- TWRP Recovery (3.2.3-0) – Created by Rk585
- TWRP Recovery (3.2.3-0) – Created by Shivam Kumar Jha
- Download Gapps
- Download Magisk, if you want to root your MIUI 11.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader using the Official Unlock App
- Navigate to Bootloader Unlock Tool from the Asus official website and download the bootloader unlock app.
- Choose the OS: Android
- Next, you will find the Unlock Device App to Unlock bootloader in the Utilities section.
- Now, download the app (UnlockTool_22.214.171.124_180912_fulldpi_signed_ZB630KL_ZB631KL.apk) on your PC or phone and install it on the phone.
- Follow the instructions given in the app to Unlock the bootloader.
- That’s All! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2
Follow the given guide to install TWRP Recovery on Android devices.
Steps to Install MIUI 11 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- First, download all the required files on your PC for Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Install Zenfone Max Pro 2 USB drivers on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via its USB data cable.
- Now, copy the ROM zip file, Google Apps package to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Zenfone Max Pro M2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- While your device is in TWRP recovery, select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Note: Keep in mind that it will wipe all your data from your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Select the ROM zip from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Also, if you want to root your phone, then flash the Magisk zip file from the Install option.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system.
Your device may take a few minutes to boot for the first time in the OS.
These were the complete steps to install MIUI 11 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone. If you have any questions or query then let us know in the comments area below.