Download/Install N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch: Samsung is rolling out firmware version N950FXXU5CSA5 for the Galaxy Note 8 in Brazil. The Galaxy Note 8 Pie update comes with build number N950FXXU5CSA5 which includes the January 2019 security patch. This latest security patch brings fixes for the three critical Android OS vulnerabilities and several high-risk vulnerabilities as well found in Samsung’s own software. One notable vulnerability fixed in the update opened the possibility of a user’s access to data over Wi-Fi being interrupted. Please note that this update brings the latest patch to units running on Android Oreo.
As we have mentioned, that this Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie update is available in Brazil but if you can’t wait to receive the OTA notification in your region then still you can flash the N950FXXU5CSA5 Android Pie manually on your Note 8 to improve your overall Android experience. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to download N950FXXU5CSA5 Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie update.
Galaxy Note 8 Specifications:
- Model: SM-N960F
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm
- Display: 6.4″ (162.5mm) Super AMOLED
- CPU: Exynos 9810
- Camera: 12 CMOS Dual OIS (F1.5/F2.4) & Telephoto: 12MP AF F2.4)
N950FXXU5CSA5 N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch Features
The new firmware comes with some design changes and the most highlighted feature is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Redesigned volume slider, Notch Support, Advanced Battery with AI Support, New Quick Settings UI design, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and much more.
Flash N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch Update:
Keep in mind that N950FXXU5CSA5 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use the ODIN flash tool to install Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy Note 8. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install N950FXXU5CSA5 Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie update.
This guide containing the N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 8 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 during or after the installation of Android 9.0 Pie. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 8, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 8 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 8 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8
Steps: How To Update Galaxy Note 8 via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy Note 8 via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Install N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8
1:– First, download N950FXXU5CSA5 Security Patch and Odin3 v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 8 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 8 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 8. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 8 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
These were the easy steps to download and install N950FXXU5CSA5 January Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy Note 8 SM-G950F
In case your Galaxy Note 8 SM-G960F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install N950FXXU5CSA5 Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.