Here is how to download and install N960FXXU2CSA7 OneUI-based Android Pie update for Galaxy Note 9. We have some good news for the German Note 9 users that a new OneUI-based Android Pie update is available for them. This is the second minor software update for Note 9 that brings some changes and new features. You can now update Galaxy Note 9 via OTA (over the air) in Germany and it will be available to other regions in the next few days.
The new January security patch carries build number N960FXXU2CSA7 and its size is 129.42MB. The firmware update comes with bug fixes and optimizations as its changelog isn’t particularly descriptive. If you are a German Galaxy Note 9 user then navigate to check the OTA (over-the-air) notification. But in case you are from some other region then you can download and install this firmware manually. These updates normally don’t more bring than just the security patches.
After upgrading your Galaxy Note 9, you’ll feel improvements in the overall Android experience. Follow the given guide to You can download N960FXXU2CSA7 OneUI-based Android Pie update for Galaxy Note 9 from below.
In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy Note 9. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install N960FXXU2CSA7 Android 9.0 Pie December 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the N960FXXU2CSA7 Android 9.0 Pie firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
N960FXXU2CSA7 Android 9.0 Pie Firmware Details:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960F
- Region: Nordic Countries
- Baseband Version: N960FXXU2CSA7
- Security Patch Level: 01.09.2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
DroidGuides will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 during or after the installation of Android 9.0 Pie. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 9 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download N960FXXU2CSA7 Android 9.0 Pie Firmware:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy Note 9 SM-N9600 via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy Note 9 SM-N9600 via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Install N960FXXU2CSA7 OneUI-based Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 9
1:– First, download N960FXXU2CSA7 OneUI-based Android Pie update and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 9 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy Note 9 SM-N9600
In case your Galaxy Note 9 SM-N9600 stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follows the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install N960FXXU2CSA7 OneUI-based Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 9. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.