N960FXXU2ZRKQ One UI Android Pie Beta for Galaxy Note 9 N960F: Samsung has started pushing out the latest Android Pie for the German and Indian users. After releasing Pie update for Galaxy S9 Series, Android 9.0 Pie is now available for Galaxy Note 9. You can now update your Note 9 to One UI Android Pie Beta via OTA (Over-The-Air). This latest firmware comes with the build number N960FXXU2ZRKQ. As this firmware update is currently available in Germany in India but we expect that it will be soon available to other regions like the United Kingdom, United States, Poland, Spain, China, South Korea, and France etc.
After updating to N960FXXU2ZRKQ Android Pie, you can enjoy various new, amazing and enhanced features on your Note 9. The size of the new Pie update is around 2GB that also brings the November 2018 security patch. So you can download it using WiFi and you may know that it’s a beta program, so you’ll need to enroll and avail the OTA update. We have explained that how to enroll and get the OTA update on your Note 9. Go ahead and follow the given guide to install N960FXXU2ZRKQ One UI Android Pie Beta for Galaxy Note 9.
As official firmware updates gradually reaching all over the world, so you can also flash the firmware manually. We’ll use Odin flashing tool to install N960FXXU2ZRKQ Pie OS on Note 9. One UI Beta update also brings the Andriod Pie features like the adaptive battery, App slices, enhanced Autofill API.
One UI Changelog:
Here is the changelog of the Beta Android Pie OS update.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
This guide containing the N960FXXU2ZRKQ One UI Android Pie Beta firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 during or after the installation of One UI Android Pie Beta. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 9 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 9 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for OneUI:
- Install the Samsung members App from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “One UI with Android 9.0 on Galaxy Note 9”.
- Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download One UI Android Pie Beta Firmware:
- Download One UI Android Pie Beta
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Install N960FXXU2ZRKQ One UI Android Pie Beta on Galaxy Note 9
1:– First, download N960FXXU2ZRKQ Security Patch and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 9 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F
In case your Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install N960FXXU2ZRKQ on Galaxy Note 9. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.