The latest November 2019 security patch for Xiaomi Mi A1 is available to download. Nowadays, Xioami is very busy in releasing the new security updates for their devices. This November 2019 security update is rolling out via OTA and comes with build number V10.0.15.0.PDHMIXM. The latest official update is still based on the Android 9.0 Pie OS. This is an incremental update which fixes many bugs, improves system stability, many new features, and so on. Also, the update is packed with many customizations and improvements.
Today in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to download and install November 2019 security patch for Xiaomi Mi A1. Also, this November 2019 security patch fixes the serious security vulnerability which was initially identified. As we have mentioned above that Xiaomi is rolling out the official update via OTA (over-the-air), so it is currently available for limited users.
It will take some time to reach all over the world. So if you have not yet received the November 2019 security patch and excited to upgrade your device, then first check manually by going to the phone Settings > System > tap on System Update. If the new update is shown with build number V10.0.15.0.PDHMIXM, then tap on the Download button and install the update. Otherwise, you can flash the OTA update manually by following our given below detailed guide.
Given below, we share the OTA file link, you can just download and install it on your device. The security patch is very good for Android devices because it will fix bugs, enhance the speed of your phone, increase battery life and so on. If you wish to download and install November 2019 security patch for Xiaomi Mi A1, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the November 2019 security patch is working with the Xiaomi Mi A1 device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Mi A1 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Mi A1 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
How to Install November 2019 Security Patch For Xiaomi Mi A1:
If your device is running on the Android 9.0 Pie stock firmware then we recommend using the fastboot image to flash the update (Method 1). But if your device has TWRP already installed then it’s better to flash the update flashable zip with TWRP (Method 2).
Method 1: Using TWRP Flashable zip
- First, download and extract the Android SDK platform-tools package and on your PC.
- Also, download November 2019 security patch TWRP flashable zip for your Xiaomi Mi A1 on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable
- Move the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your Mi A1.
- After transferring the zip file, unplug the device and turn it OFF.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time.
- In case your device has a custom ROM installed then navigate to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- While your device is in TWRP, tap on the ‘Install’ button and navigate the internal storage. Choose the November 2019 security patch TWRP flashable zip file.
- Next, swipe the button on the screen to install Xiaomi Mi A1 November 2019 security patch update.
- Once the flashing process completes successfully, press the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Method 2: Using Fastboot Image
- First, download November 2019 security patch fastboot image zip file on the desktop of your PC for Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Unzip the downloaded ‘V10.0.15.0.PDHMIXM .zip’ file on your PC.
- Copy the extracted content to the ADB and Fastboot binaries folder (e.g. C:\adb)
- Now, turn OFF Xiaomi Mi A1 and enter Fastboot Mode by holding the Volume Down + Power buttons altogether.
- Connect your Mi A1 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Finally, double-click on the ‘flash_all_except_storage_keep_unlock.bat’ file to install the Xiaomi Mi A1 November 2019 Security Patch.
After the installation completes, your Mi A1 will reboot and you can now start using Mi A1. Your device will take about 4 to 5 minutes to start for the first time after installation. These were easy methods to flash the stable V10.0.15.0.PDHMIXM firmware with November 2019 Security Patch.
Done! You have successfully installed November 2019 Security Patch on Xiaomi Mi A1.