Here is the great news for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus users. Now the official TWRP recovery for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus is available for download and ready to install. The TWRP is also known as the Team Win Recovery Project, which is the most popular and widely used custom recovery all over the world. TWRP is an open-source custom recovery; it is easy to use for all users. The TWRP custom recovery supports most of the Android new and old devices. Now two more devices are added in the platform of official TWRP custom recovery.
Recently, official support has been released for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus. Now you can download and install the official TWRP recovery for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus. In the field of customization of an Android phone, the custom recovery is a very important part. Without flashing TWRP custom recovery you will not be able to customize your device. So if you are an advance user and wish to flash different custom ROM or customize your device, then first install this latest TWRP custom recovery on your device.
Here in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to download and install the official TWRP recovery for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus. There are many advantages of installing the official TWRP custom recovery. Once you install the TWRP recovery, you can flash Xposed Modules, different custom ROMs, factory reset, install third-party apps, creating the Nandroid backups & restores and much more. Given below we share the direct link of official TWRP recovery for both devices. Download the latest TWRP custom recovery from that link and install it on your device.
Keep in mind before flashing the TWRP custom recovery; make sure your device should have an unlocked bootloader first. Also, take the full backup of all your phone important data before proceeding. Because while flashing official TWRP recovery for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus, your entire data will be wiped clean. Now go to the instruction portion and follow the given steps.
- This guide only for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus.
- Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus.
- Take a backup of your files before proceeding further.
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus
- Download TWRP for the Sony Xperia 10
- Download TWRP for the Sony Xperia 10 Plus
Steps To Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus:
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, download TWRP recovery img for Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus.
- Rename the downloaded img file to “TWRP” and transfer the file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android Smartphones
- Go to the ADB folder and then press “Shift key + Right mouse key” and click on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right-click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.OR You can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass your device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus. It can be checked by long press “Volume down + power” buttons to boot into recovery mode.