Download and flash the latest official update for Galaxy S20 series. Samsung Galaxy S20 series smartphone is one of the best smartphones from Samsung which is launched in February 2020. Now the Samsung S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra are started getting the new software update. The most recent update is bringing the latest May 2020 security update, which fixes lots of bugs and errors. The most recent official update for Galaxy S20 series comes with build id number G981USQU1ATE6, G986USQU1ATE6, and G988USQU1ATE6 to Galaxy S20 series.
So if you are the users of Samsung Galaxy S20 series, then now the time to upgrade your device. Today in this article, we come with a simple step by step guide on how to download and install the latest official update for Galaxy S20. The update comes with lots of improvements, added some new features, fixes bugs, customizations, and much more. The latest official update fixed the major camera autofocus issue, fingerprint unlocking mechanism is reportedly improved, introduces a new camera functionality called “Close-up Zoom”, fixed bugs, and so on.
Also it improves the performance of phone speed, enhanced system stability, increased battery timing, improved user experience, and much more. Samsung started rolling out the official update for the Galaxy S20 series via OTA, in a phase-wise manner. So if your device is not getting the new update yet, then you can check the update manually. Go to the phone Setting > System > Software Updates > Check for updates. If the new software update is available, then just download and install it on your device. Otherwise you can download the Frija Samsung Firmware download tool.
With the help of Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool, you can download the latest official firmware on your device. After downloading, you can flash the firmware with the help of the Odin flashing tool. If you wish to download and flash the latest official update for the Galaxy S20 series, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the official May 2020 Security firmware, and instructions are working with the Galaxy S20 series only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S20 series during or after the installation of an official update. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S20 series; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S20 series USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S20 series by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S20 series is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download Official Update For Galaxy S20 Series:
How To Install Official Update For Galaxy S20 series May 2020 Security Patch:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for the Galaxy S20 series on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S20 series to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S20 series. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S20 series will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install an official update on the Galaxy S20 series. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.