Finally, Samsung decided to add some more ‘A’ Series of smartphones in the Android 10 platform. Recently, the company started rolling out the Android 10 for Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A80 and the Galaxy A40 variants. The Android 10 OS official update has come with One UI 2.0 update via OTA. Samsung has worked hard and releasing the stable Android 10 with One UI 2.0 update for his latest and mid-range devices. Now the users of Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A80 and the Galaxy A40 can now download and install Android 10 with One UI 2.0 official update.
The most recent update brings build number A750FXXU4CTBC, A805FXXU4BTC3, and A405FNXXU3BTB8 along with February and March 2020 security patch. The Android 10 update comes with lots of new features, new UI, some improvements, many bug fixes and much more. The new update is packed with Dark Mode with the enhanced image; access the one-handed mode, text, several UI improvements in the stock camera app, color adjustments and so on.
Samsung started rolling out the Android 10 for Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A80 and the Galaxy A40 via OTA, region wise. So not all users are getting the update at the same time. If you are not from a certain region to get Android 10 update notification and still waiting for the OTA update, then you can install it manually by the Odin tool. You can download the official stock firmware form given below link and install it on your device by following our detailed guide.
After installing this latest Android 10 with One UI 2.0 update, you can get the experience and enjoy all the Android 10 features on your device officially. We always strongly recommend you keeping updated your Android devices to the latest official stock firmware.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy A7, A80 and A40; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A7, A80, and A40 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 are rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 ”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
- Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 update For Galaxy A7 (2018)
- Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 update For Galaxy A80
- Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 update For Galaxy A40
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy A7, A80, and A40 Official Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy A7, A80 and A40 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy A7, A80 and A40. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy A7, A80, and A40 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 for Galaxy A7, A80, and A40. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.