Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.0 Oreo Stable Official with OxygenOS 5.0.2: Finally, OnePlus has released the first official stable release of Android Oreo for the OnePlus 5T along with the OxygenOS 5.0.2 update. OnePlus 5 is the latest flagship smartphone from the Chinese player which is now getting Android 8.0 Oreo with its latest OxygenOS 5.0.2 update. Recently, OnePlus released the Android 8.0 Oreo-based Oxygen OS Beta3 update for the device.
After a short series of Open Beta builds and constant fixes, OnePlus is finally rolling out the stable version of OxygenOS for the 5T. This latest Oreo firmware update will be available through an OTA download and comes with the new design for Quick Settings, general bug fixes and improvements along with a new CPU security patch (CVE-2017-13218) Follow the given guide to flash Android 8.0 Oreo Stable Official on OnePlus 5T with OxygenOS 5.0.2
Also, the update brings many new features like the highly anticipated Face Unlock, improved Electronic Image Stabilization while video recording; applications like Launcher, Gallery, Weather, and File Manager have been updated to their latest versions. The OnePlus starting rolling out this official update via OTA in phase wise manner. So not all users can get the update at the same time. If you are excited and can’t wait, then still you can install Android 8.0 Oreo Stable Official on OnePlus 5T with OxygenOS 5.0.2
The update is incremental and the overall aim of this stable Android 8.0 Oreo update is to bring a more stable environment for its users. According to the OnePlus changelog details given the blow, the OxygenOS 5.0.2 for OnePlus 5T brings many new features, Quick Settings, and improvements. Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you want to install OxygenOS 5.0.2 based Android 8.0 Oreo official stable update on OnePlus 5T then go ahead and follow the given steps.
OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 5.0.2 Features and Changelogs –
Upgraded Android version to Oreo(8.0)
- New design for Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Updated Launcher to v2.2
- Updated Gallery to v2.0
- Updated Weather to v1.9
- Updated File Manager to v1.7.6
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned OxygenOS 5.0.2 Update can be used for the OnePlus 5T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper Nandroid backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 5T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the OnePlus 5T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 5T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- Download OxygenOS 5.0.2 Official Update for OnePlus5T
Check Popular Posts:
- How To Update ZTE Axon 7 To Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware
- How To Update Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09 To Android 8.0 Oreo
- Install 41.3.A.0.401 Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X Performance
- Download and Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 Official Update On Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download Sony Xperia Music App on Android Devices
- Download and Install FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T
How to Update OnePlus 5T to OxygenOS 5.0.2 Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the OxygenOS 5.0.2 Android 8.0 Oreo official file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus 5T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 5T to your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideloaded ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation process to be completed. Once the process is finished, select reboot from the main Recovery Menu.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 5.0.2 Android 8.0 Oreo update on OnePlus 5T.