The Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T is now available. Now the users of OnePlus 6/6T can get the new Android 10 OS officially via the beta channel. The OnePlus already rolled out the Android 10 stable update for OnePus 7/ 7T officially and promised to release the Android 10 beta update for OnePlus 6/6T. Finally, OnePlus released the first Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. According to the company, the stable update will be released in November 2019.
Here in this article, we share an easy step by step guide on how to download and install Android 10 OS based on Oxygen OS Open beta 1 for OnePlus 6/6T. This latest official Oxygen OS open beta 1 update comes with all the features of Android 10 and smoothly runs on your device. The size of this most recent update is 1.7GB. OnePlus is pushing out the Android 10 official open beta 1 update via OTA (over-the-air). If you already on the beta channel, then you should receive the Oxygen OS update via OTA.
Otherwise, we have an OTA file and shared it below. This latest build is only for unlocked non-carrier variants of the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. The Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 update brings many new features and improvements such as new UI, enhanced location permissions for privacy, tweaked full-screen gestures, a new Game Space feature, improved system stability, and much more. Proceed to download and install Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
Changelog of Android 10 on OnePlus 6/6T [Open Beta 1]
- Upgraded to Android 10
- The brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 Update can be used for the OnePlus 6/6T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 6/6T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 6/6T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 6/6T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Downloads for OnePlus 6/6T:
How to Install Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 6/6T Official Firmware:
Step 1:- Download the latest OxygenOS 10 full stock firmware zip file from the above-given link directly on the phone or on your PC (according to your model).
Step 2:- Now, transfer/move the ROM file to the root folder of internal storage on your device.
Step 3:- Navigate to the device’s Settings Menu > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > select Local Upgrade option.
Step 4:- Choose the Local Upgrade option to open the device storage. Browse for the package file.
Step 5:- Next, tap on the firmware file and select the Install option.
Step 6:- Once the installation process completes, your device will reboot into a new system. Wait for a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to install Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 Android 10 for OnePlus 6/6T.
If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments area below.