Recently, Xiaomi’s Poco unveiled GT phones, which include the Poco X3 GT. Moreover, the X3 version is for the Middle East, excluding India. They are meant to deliver speed within the budget. They look appealing, aren’t they? So, today we will describe Poco’s X3 version and some interesting facts about it.
X3 GT is not a new smartphone, it is the rebranded version of the Chinese Redmi Note 19 Pro. To make it clear, it has nothing to do with Global Redmi Note 10 Pro. However, the global market will get it with some changes in the UI.
The Poco X3 GT may be the international version of the Chinese Redmi Note 10 Pro, but its official availability is still rather limited. Poco will bring it across Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa. It will not launch in India, nor there are plans for an EU launch (for now).
The Poco X3 GT has all the qualities to be an attractive offer, one that some may consider as a flagship killer. It has a premium 120Hz screen, a powerful Dimensity 1100 5G chipset, some excellent battery life, and a solid main camera across the board.
Poco X3 GT Overview
X3 GT offers a 120 Hz LCD screen, a 5,000mAh battery with flagship-grade 67W fast charging, and Dimensity 1100 5G chip. Although the GT version is common with Poco X3 Pro, the GT version is quite upgraded as compared to X3 Pro.
The GT has noticeable battery endurance and the charging is fast as well. Also, you can take your photography skills to the next level with this smartphone. The speaker quality is enhanced in this smartphone. Moreover, arguably the best phone in the price if you want to buy a smartphone around the range of $300.
However, the Poco X3 GT is high-priced as compared to Poco X3 Pro. The two phones offer the same performance, battery life, and similar screens. Are the fast charging, Gorilla Glass Victus, and more camera pixels worth spending more on? It’s completely up to you.
Some will find it the best fit for them and buy this smartphone. On the other hand, others will not find quality in this phone and don’t try to waste their money on few upgrades. Moreover, no upgrade is a massive one to worth the price.
Pros And Cons Of Poco X3 GT
You might get the idea of this smartphone by reading above. Now, get some look into the pros and cons of the Poco X3 GT.
- Appealing and good-looking design, Gorilla Glass Victus, IP53-rated
- Most adaptive HRR modes
- 6.6″ LCD screen, 120Hz, HDR 10
- Long-lasting battery life thanks to Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Fast charging 67W
- Flagship-grade performance while being cheap in price
- Enhanced audio and speaker quality
- Capable to capture outstanding daylight and low light photos
- Capable to make 4k videos from the main camera. Impressive?
- 5G with dual 5G standby, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, IR, MIUI 12
- No MicroSD card. Although, people prefer an SD card slot in smartphones.
- The cooling system can’t control sustained load
- Spotty availability
- Demotivating selfie camera
In Our Opinion
Poco X3 GT is a smartphone comprising many flagship traits. The GT’s 120Hz LCD screen is truly one of the most adaptive we’ve experienced, the performance is excellent even if the cooling isn’t ideal, the battery endurance is impressive, and the charging is incredibly fast.
It’s a mid-range smartphone, but it doesn’t look like one. Sparkly Stargaze Black, Striped Cloud White, and the Wave Blue, all will stand out and gives a cool-looking smartphone look.
The GT version is one of the few which offers you the latest Gorilla Glass Victus outside the top-tier segment. The rest of the X3 GT is made of plastic, though it does still feel decent – the frame has a matte finish, while the shiny plastic back looks and feels like glass.
Overall, the Poco X3 GT is one well-built phone with great looks, good grip, enough protection, and reasonable size and weight. And, they gave us more in this price than what we were expecting.
Specifications Of Poco X3 GT
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 42
- 5G Bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 28
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2021, August
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm (6.43 x 2.99 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 193 g (6.81 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), plastic back
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz, HDR10, 450 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~399 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12.5 for POCO
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 1100 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Card Slots: No
- Internal: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM, UFS 3.1
- Triple: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26 mm (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7 µm, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12 µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm Jack: No, 24-bit/192kHz audio tuned by JBL
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, color spectrum, Virtual proximity sensing
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 42 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Colors: Stargaze Black, Wave Blue, Cloud White
- Price: About 260 EUR
At The End
The Poco X3 GT gives the best feature out there for its price. But, the question is that is the X3 GT worth spending your money on?
The answer might be different for people all around, according to their preferences. The Poco X3 GT gives you long battery life, fast charging, appealing display, Dimensity 1100 chip, and 120 Hz LCD screen. It also offers you exceptional video and photo quality.
If you are looking for these features, you must choose this smartphone. Otherwise, it’s not the best fit for you.