In this guide we will be showing you how you can remove Demo mode and unlock pattern lock on Oppo phones. The Oppo smartphone company quickly gained fame in the mobile phone market and has continuously risen up the popularity charts with Asian countries being the biggest market for the phone. The OEM has managed to become one of the big players in the mobile phone market even though it is a part of the Chinese corporation, BBK electronics which also includes other major smartphone companies like Vivo, Realme and OnePlus. As every phone becomes popular, it also gains fame in Custom development as well.
In many cases, users and developers switch their device into Demo mode. This is done in order to conduct tests for different hardware and software parts that they use in their Oppo device. In particular the Demo mode is not well known among users and a small number of users utilize the Demo mode. But those users who use this mode, actually find it very difficult to remove their device from the Demo mode and reboot their device into the original Android OS. Apart from this many users also use some kind of security lock on their device. Considering this, the most widely used lock is the pattern/passcode lock.
It is common that many users tend to forget their device’s password or the unlock pattern. This becomes a big obstacle in accessing your device and using it. Getting stuck in the Demo mode or on the lock screen of your device is common for many users. If you also find yourself in these kind of scenarios, then you are just at the right place. Today in this guide, we will be telling you how you can remove Demo mode and unlock pattern lock on Oppo devices. Follow the guide for complete instructions.
How to Remove Demo Mode and Unlock Pattern Lock on Oppo 2020
Mentioned below, is the complete list of instructions following which you can remove Demo mode and unlock pattern lock on Oppo devices. We have also mentioned some pre-requirements and some important files that you are required to download for this process.
- First of all, you are needed to download and install the Oppo MSM Download Tool on your PC.
- Secondly, you will also need to download and configure the appropriate USB drivers for your Oppo device.
- After that, download and install Android SDK Platform tools as well, which contain the appropriate ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Keep in mind that this process will do a factory wipe on your device, so you will need to take a backup of your data.
- Lastly, you will have to download the Firmware Flash Files for your Oppo device. You should be informed that these attached files are not the official Oppo stock firmware files and are not sourced from Oppo. Be advised that we have attached these download links, but in any circumstance, we at Androidblog.gs will not be held responsible for anything that results from downloading these files. We do not take guarantee for these firmware files.
That is it! Now you are ready to proceed with the steps mentioned below to remove Demo mode and unlock pattern lock on Oppo devices.
- After you have downloaded the firmware flash files for your Oppo device, extract the file to a suitable location inside your computer.
- After that, start up the MSM Download tool on your PC and load in the extracted firmware files. At the start, the Status of Communication section will show nothing, as shown in the image below.
- On the top left, you will see the start button. Click on it. A pop up will follow in which, you are required to click on Yes in order to continue.
- Once the above step is completed, the MSM download tool will be ready to initiate the process with the necessary files. Now the tool will be waiting for you to connect your Oppo device to your computer. The Status of Communication column will now display the words “Waiting for Device” as shown in the image below.
- After that, power off your Oppo phone. After that, press the Volume Up and Volume Down button of your device at the same time and then connect it to your PC.
- When you see the words “Connected” under the Status of Communication column, stop pressing the Volume Up and Volume Down keys.
- Then the tool will verify all the data, will download all the required files from the firmware flash files and will then flash it onto your device.
- Now you will have to remain patient as the process takes some time to be completed. You will that the process is completed when you see the Download Success message under the Status of Communication.
- Finally, you can now remove your device from your PC and start up your Oppo device normally.
Keep in mind that the first start up of your Oppo device will require some time. In addition to that, you will have to set up your device all over again just when you did when you received your device because a complete factory reset has taken place. And that was it from our side on how to remove Demo mode and unlock pattern lock on Oppo devices. If you face any difficulties or have any query, feel free to reach us in the comment section below.