Today, we are going to share a guide on how to install Resurrection Remix on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. The firmware file is working with Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codenamed X01BD) and ZB630KL, ZB631KL models. The Resurrection Remix custom ROM RR 7.0 available for this smartphone is based on Android 9.0 Pie. You can enjoy all new Android Pie features after flashing this ROM on your phone. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer mracar for sharing the Official Build of Resurrection Remix GSI for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
GSI stands for a Generic System image. So, it means that you can install GSI software images on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. As you know that Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular custom ROMs among the Android community for all Android smartphones. It’s a good development that Resurrection is back with the latest Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to install the Resurrection Remix on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 by following our guide given below.
Please note that all you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP recovery already installed on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD). Also, the device should have Bootloader Unlocked to install Resurrection Remix ROM. Before proceeding to flash the ROM, check out some of the highlighted features of Resurrection Remix ROM and Android 9.0 Pie.
Android 9.0 Pie Features:
Android 9.0 Pie is the latest Google’s mobile OS version that brings a lot of design changes to the successor Android Oreo. One of the main features of Android Pie is the gesture-based navigation system. If we talk about more features then you can taste New Quick Settings UI design, Manual theme selection, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned volume slider, and much more.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
The User Interface of Resurrection Remix ROM is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. As Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM which is based on AOSP source code. The Resurrection Remix ROM is the mixture of all new features adopted from the most popular custom ROMs such as Lineage OS, AOKP, Slim, Paranoid Android, and others. Also, Resurrection Remix ROM comes with better performance, customization, power and battery life.
Please note that the Resurrection Remix firmware file is working only with the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [X01BD, Model name: ZB630KL | ZB631KL]. Do not try to flash it on any other phone or incorrect variant.
- Create a complete backup of all your existing data before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download and install Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the developer option, activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Install the latest TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 50 to 60% before initiating the installation process to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damages that may happen during or after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD):
1. First of all, Decrypt your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 for once.
2. Unzip the GSI and move the image file into the internal storage of your phone.
3. Now, boot your device into TWRP Recovery. [How To]
4. Once your phone is in TWRP recovery, wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Resurrection Remix 7.0 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
5. Navigate to install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
6. Next, flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button and select the Gapps zip file
7. Reboot your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM.
How To Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Done! These were the complete and easy steps to install Android 9.0 Pie Resurrection Remix on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question about the above guide.
Credits to mracar