Blu recently released its latest smartphone which is known as Blu C5L. If you are the user of this phone and wish to root Blu C5L with Magisk then you are in the right place. Today in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to root Blu C5L with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery. The Blu C5L was released in February 2019 with low specs. The phone comes with a 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. The Blu C5L has 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.
The device is running on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. So if you are the users of Blu C5L smartphone, then you can customize your device to get the experience of Android’s latest OS via third-party custom firmware. We all know that Android is an open-source OS and easily customize by users. In the field of customization, rooting the phone and installing the TWRP is the main concern. Still the official or unofficial TWRP is not available for Blu C5L.
No need to worry about that here you can root your device without installing TWRP custom recovery. If this is your first time, then follow the given instructions carefully because anything may wrong will void your phone’s warranty. There are many advantages of rooting Android phones. After rooting you will be able to improve battery life, lock screen or status bar changes, flashing the different custom ROMS, installing rooted apps, hibernate background running tasks and much more. Here is how to root Blu C5L with Magisk.
Magisk is the most popular and widely used tool in the Android market. Magisk is a system-less root, so you can root with the help of Magisk without any kind of risk. Take the proper backup of all your phone’s entire data before proceeding. If you wish to root Blu C5L with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your Blu C5L during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your Blu C5L.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, and audio files on Blu C5L before starting the flashing process. It is recommended to keep everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Blu C5L USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Blu C5L smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download latest Blu C5L Stock ROM File
- SuperSU Package
- Latest Magisk Manger
- Download SPD Flash Tool
Steps To Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk:
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Steps to the Patched Boot Image on Blu C5L And Root Blu C5L:
- First, download ADB and fastboot tool on your PC and extract it.
- Now you must move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands: fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded, followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
Done! You have successfully root Blu C5L without TWRP recovery.