Today in this article, we are going to teach you on how to root Galaxy A70 with Magisk without installing TWRP recovery. This guide is for those users of Samsung Galaxy A70, who wish to customize their devices and searching for a guide to root the Galaxy A70 device. Being the owner of Samsung Galaxy A70 smartphone, you can now get a superuser or administrator access on your system. Rooting is the way to though that you can get the full access of your phone and customize your device beyond the limits.
There are many advantages of rooting the phone, such as increase the performance, increase battery life, uninstall Bloatware, install the Xposed Framework, flash any custom ROM and much more. Follow the given steps to root Galaxy A70 by using the Magisk, so you can patch the stock boot image file and flash on the device boot partition. Given below we share a patched image file, just download and install it on your device using the Magisk. Your device must have an unlocked bootloader before rooting the Android phone. Proceed to root Galaxy A70 with Magisk without installing TWRP recovery.
Root Galaxy A70 With Magisk Without TWRP Recovery
Now we are talking about the specifications of Samsung Galaxy A70. The smartphone comes with 6.7 inches with Super AMOLED display, 1080 x 2400 Pixel Screen resolution. The device is powered by Snapdragon 675 SoC coupled with Adreno 612 GPU along with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The phone packed with the triple rear camera of 32MP+8MP+5MP and 32MP front camera. The device is running out of the box on Android 9.0 Pie based One UI. If you are not satisfied with your OS or you want to break all the restrictions, then following the given below instructions to root Galaxy A70.
This guide containing the root package and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy A70. Check the model number of your phone if it is Galaxy A70 then go ahead, otherwise not. Do not use these instructions for any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Galaxy A70 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
- It is highly recommended to make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos and other valuable data on your phone.
- Make sure that your Galaxy A70 is on Android 9.0 Pie firmware.
- The battery level of your phone should be at least up to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download Stock ROM Extract file SM-A705F
- Download Stock ROM Extract file SM-A705FN
- Download Magisk 18.0 zip file – Download (Always check the latest update from Official Forum)
- Download Magisk Manager 6.1.0 apk – Download
- Download Odin v3.10.7
Steps To Prepare Magisk Patched Firmware
First of all, download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
Next, download the ODIN software from the above link and install it on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A70 Firmware and save it on your Device’s Internal Storage.
Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be same.
You can install Phone Info to verify your firmware version.
Extract all the files from the downloaded .zip file — copy “AP” to the device.
Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) and Install it on your mobile.
Open Installed Magisk and choose Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Go to your copied AP File and patch the file.
Now, wait for the process to complete successfully.
Finally, you will get magisk patched .tar file. You can find the .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file.
Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
How To Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- First, turn OFF your device. Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Volume Up Buttons and connect your device to PC using its USB data cable. Once the Samsung Logo appear, release all keys.
- While your phone is now in Download Mode, it will show Warning, just press Volume Up button to continue.
- Run Odin tool and it will show the message Added.
- If you do not get this message, repeat the above steps.
- After getting Added message choose, AP/PDA button then browse for the magisk patched file. Uncheck the Auto-Reboot option in Odin. Same goes for all the extracted data.
- You should choose all the files other than AP. AP should be magisk patched file.
- Press Start button and wait for the tasks to finish. After the process complete, press Volume Down + Power button to exit Download Mode. When the screen goes off, immediately press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Once the device enters into Recovery Mode, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select Yes to wipe data. It will wipe your data on the phone.
Don’t boot into OS, read below boot stages before booting.
How To Boot into Rooted OS
- In order to boot into rooted OS, press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons. Now release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. Install the Root Checker app to check the root status of your phone.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
These were the complete steps to root Galaxy A70 With Magisk Without Using TWRP Recovery. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or questions.