Samsung has recently launched its latest flagship device Galaxy S20 in the line-up. Here in this article, we are going to demonstrate to you how to root Galaxy S20 Ultra without flashing the TWRP custom recovery. Samsung released Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra with very high specifications. The devices come with 6.9 inches display with 1440 x 3200 pixels resolution. The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 865 SoC or Exynos 990 SoC processor along with 12 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. The device comes with Android 10 OS out of the box.
So if you are the users of Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and wish to root your device, then you are in the right place. Here is a step by step guide on how to root Galaxy S20 Ultra without flashing the TWRP custom recovery. Don’t forget that this guide is only for Exynos Variants Only. Once you root your phone, you will be able to flash different custom ROMs, overclock/underclock device performance, flash custom modules and much more. Also, the phone will run with increased performance; improved battery timing and much more.
The official stock firmware is good but it has lots of restrictions and not supported many apps. Rooting is a process; through that, you can break all these restrictions and limitations on your device. After you root Galaxy S20 Ultra, you can get the full potential of your phone and get the admin rights. Also, there are many advantages of rooting the Android phone.
Before rooting the Galaxy S20 Ultra first unlock the bootloader on your device. Without unlocking the bootloader, you will not able to root your device. While rooting, your phone warranty may void. Also, your phone’s entire data will be wiped clean. So before proceeding, take the full backup of all your phone important data. If you want to root Galaxy S20 Ultra without flashing the TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the root package and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy S20 Ultra. Check the model number of your phone if it is Galaxy S20 Ultra then go ahead, otherwise not. Do not use these instructions for any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your Galaxy S20 Ultra during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
- It is highly recommended to make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos and other valuable data on your phone.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S20 Ultra is on Android 9.0 Pie firmware.
- The battery level of your phone should be at least up to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download Stock ROM Extract file of Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Download Magisk 18.0 zip file – Download (Always check the latest update from Official Forum)
- Download Magisk Manager 6.1.0 APK – Download
- Download Odin v3.10.7
Instruction To Root Galaxy S20 Ultra Without TWRP Recovery:
Steps To Prepare Magisk Patched Firmware
First of all, download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
Next, download the ODIN software from the above link and install it on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Firmware and save it on your Device’s Internal Storage.
Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be same.
You can install Phone Info to verify your firmware version.
Extract all the files from the downloaded .zip file — copy “AP” to the device.
Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) and Install it on your mobile.
Open Installed Magisk and choose to Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Go to your copied AP File and patch the file.
Now, wait for the process to complete successfully.
Finally, you will get Magisk patched .tar file. You can find the .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file.
Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
How To Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- First, turn OFF your device. Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Volume Up Buttons and connect your device to PC using its USB data cable. Once the Samsung logo appears, release all keys.
- While your phone is now in Download Mode, it will show Warning, just press Volume Up button to continue.
- Run Odin tool and it will show the message Added.
- If you do not get this message, repeat the above steps.
- After getting the Added message choose, the AP/PDA button then browse for the Magisk patched file. Uncheck the Auto-Reboot option in Odin. The same goes for all the extracted data.
- You should choose all the files other than AP. AP should be Magisk patched file.
- Press the Start button and wait for the tasks to finish. After the process complete, press the Volume Down + Power button to exit Download Mode. When the screen goes off, immediately press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Once the device enters into Recovery Mode, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select Yes to wipe data. It will wipe your data on the phone.
Don’t boot into OS, read below boot stages before booting.
How To Boot into Rooted OS
- In order to boot into rooted OS, press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons. Now release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. Install the Root Checker app to check the root status of your phone.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
These were the complete steps to root Galaxy S20 Ultra With Magisk Without Using TWRP Recovery. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.