Those OnePus 6/ 6T users who wish to modify their devices, can now root OnePlus 6 / 6T with Magisk. Most of the Android users modify their devices after some months and get full control of their Android phones. If you are one of them and searching for the guide or an official TWRP custom recovery then now the wait is over. In the field of customization of the Android phone, the first step is installing TWRP custom recovery on your device, then you can root your device.
But unfortunately, the official / unofficial TWRP custom recovery is not yet available for OnePus 6/ 6T. Still, You can root OnePus 6/ 6T with Magisk without TWPR custom recovery. Today in this article, we come with a simple and step by step guide on how to root OnePlus 6/ 6T with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery. There are many advantages of rooting your phone. Basically rooting is a bridge between customization and Android phones. Rooting will break all the restrictions and limitations on your Android phones.
After rooting OnePus 6/ 6T with Magisk, you will be able to flash custom ROM, install third-party apps that are not possible in official stock firmware. Also, you can take Nandroid backups, some apps which required root access and much more. Here you can root your device with the help of the Magisk tool without TWRP custom recovery. Magisk is a tool which is used to root Android phones and allow modifications systemlessly.
Keep in mind, rooting the phone may void your phone’s warranty and wipe clean all your phone valuable data. So before proceeding take the full backup of your important data. If you wish to root OnePlus 6/ 6T with Magisk without flashing the TWRP custom recovery then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the root package and instructions can be used only with the OnePus 6/ 6T. Check the model number of your phone if it is OnePus 6/ 6T then go ahead, otherwise not. Do not use these instructions for any other device or incorrect variant.
DroidGuides will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your OnePus 6/ 6T during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
- It is highly recommended to make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos and other valuable data on your phone.
- Device Bootloader should be unlocked.
- The battery level of your phone should be at least up to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Download and install OnePus 6/ 6T USB Drivers on your PC.
For OnePlus 6
- OxygenOS 10.3.0: stock_boot_oos_10.3.0_oneplus6.img
- OxygenOS 10.0.1: stock_boot_oos_10.0.1_oneplus6.img
- OxygenOS 10: stock_boot_oos_10_oneplus6.img
- OxygenOS 9.0.9: stock_boot_oos_9.0.9_oneplus6.img
- OxygenOS 9.0.8: stock_boot_oos_9.0.8_oneplus6.img
For OnePlus 6T
- OxygenOS 10.3.0: stock_boot_oos_10.3.0_oneplus6t.img
- OxygenOS 10.0.1: stock_boot_oos_10.0.1_oneplus6t.img
- OxygenOS 10: stock_boot_oos_10_oneplus6t.img
- OxygenOS 9.0.17: stock_boot_oos_9.0.17_oneplus6t.img
- OxygenOS 9.0.16: stock_boot_oos_9.0.16_oneplus6t.img
- Download Magisk 18.0 zip file – Download (Always check the latest update from Official Forum)
- Download Magisk Manager 6.1.0 apk – Download
Steps To Root OnePlus 6 / 6T With Magisk:
Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk:
First of all, download and install the OnePus 6/ 6T USB driver to your PC.
Next, download both factory images from the above link and extract it on your PC.
- Now copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Download the Magisk and Magisk manager on your phone.
- Open the Magisk and Select the INSTALL option and choose Install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your device boot image that you’ve moved earlier.
- Wait for a few seconds and the Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Install the Patched Boot Image on OnePlus 6 / 6T:
- After extracting the boot image, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Press and hold the SHIFT key + right mouse click to open the command window on your PC.
- Next, run the following command in the command prompt.
fastboot flash boot_<Letter> <patched_image_name>.img
- Make sure to replace [patched_image_name.img] with the name of the with the patched boot image you extracted followed by the .img extension, and [letter] means boot partition A or B.
- Now, the flashing process will start.
- Once done, run the following command to boot your device.
- You’re done. Now, check the root status and SafetyNet from below.
Done! These were the complete steps to root OnePus 6/ 6T devices by using Magisk.