The Tecno i3 Pro users now can get the full potential of their devices to root Tecno i3 Pro with Magisk. If you are the Tecno i3 Pro owners and not satisfied with your phone OS and wish to customize your device or change your Android OS, then you are in the right place. In the field of customization of any Android phone, rooting and installing the TWRP is the main concern. Unfortunately the official or unofficial TWRP is yet not available for Tecno i3 Pro. But no need to worry about that, now you can root your device without flashing TWRP custom recovery.
Here, we come with a simple guide on how to root Tecno i3 Pro with Magisk without flashing TWRP custom recovery. The Tecno has released its mid-range smartphone which is Tecno i3 Pro with better hardware and latest Android OS. The smartphone comes with a 5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Tecno i3 Pro is powered by MediaTek MT6737 processor along with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. The device is packed with 8 MP cameras in the rear with led flash and 8 MP cameras in front for selfie.
There are many advantages of rooting Android phones. Once you root your Tecno i3 Pro, you will be able to flash different custom ROMS, kernels, installing third-party software that requires root access and much more. Keep in mind that rooting the Tecno i3 Pro will be wiped to clean all your phone important data. So before proceeding take the full backup of all your phone important data. If you wish to root Tecno i3 Pro with Magisk without flashing TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your Tecno i3 Pro during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your Tecno i3 Pro.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on Tecno i3 Pro before starting the flashing process. It is recommended to keep everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Tecno i3 Pro USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Tecno i3 Pro smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download latest Tecno i3 Pro Stock ROM File
- SuperSU Package
- Latest Magisk Manger
- Download SP Flash Tool
Steps To Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk:
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Steps to root Tecno i3 Pro With SP Flash Tool:
Step No 1: – First, download all needy files and VCOM Driver’s latest version on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Install the SP Flash Tool on your PC/ Laptop.
Step No 3: – After that, download the boot.img file. Select your device from the drop-down menu and download ROM.
Step No 4: – Go to the SP Flash Tools folder and run the flash tools.exe’ file.
Step No 5: – Navigate to the download tab and then click on Load Scatter File. A pop up is now opened, navigate to Scatter File From downloaded ROM folder and click OK.
Step No 6: – Check Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File.
Step No 7: – Switch OFF the phone and connect it to your PC via USB cable. After some time a green circle will appear.
Tecno i3 Pro may take about 4 to 5 minutes while booting up for the first time after installation. So please be patient.
Congrats! Your Tecno i3 Pro is now rooted, successfully. To confirm that either your Tecno i3 Pro is properly rooted or not, download and install the Root Checker app from the Play Store.