Good news now you can root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. All the Axon series devices have started getting a working TWRP recovery. ZTE Axon 7 Mini is a budget line up from ZTE Company and it was the smaller brother of very popular ZTE Axon 7. Today, we will guide on how to root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. Rooting is the way to obtain Supersu rights or you can unlock all features of your Android smartphone. After you root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini, you can Install custom ROM, Install custom Mods, Save battery, Disable all Apps in single click, tweak your phone using various tricks and much more. Also, you can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can easily and quickly root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system. The TWRP recovery has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode. The Stock ROMs are good but often limited and unsupported features in the sense of customization. So when you root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini, then you are free to install any apps which require root access to work properly. Keep in mind that before installing TWRP recovery, you must have an Unlocked Bootloader. Otherwise, you can’t root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini.
We highly recommend taking the full back of all your valuable data. Because while in process to root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in rooting and installing TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your ZTE Axon 7 Mini during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your ZTE Axon 7 Mini.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on ZTE Axon 7 Mini before starting the flashing process. We recommend keeping everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the ZTE Axon 7 Mini USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your ZTE Axon 7 Mini smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download TWRP Recovery For ZTE Axon 7 Mini
- SuperSU Package
Steps To Root and Install TWRP Recovery For ZTE Axon 7 Mini With SuperSU:
Step No 1: First of all transfer the SuperSU zip package to your ZTE Axon 7 Mini that you have already downloaded from the above link.
Step No 2: Now rename ZTE Axon 7 Mini TWRP Recovery file to recovery.img.
Step No 3: Move recovery.img to platform-tools folder in the Android SDK folder.
Step No 4: After moving the image to Android SDK folder, connect ZTE Axon 7 Mini to your PC via USB cable.
Step No 5: Now launch a command prompt window from inside the platform-tools folder and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Step No 6: After the bootloader screen appears on the screen of your ZTE Axon 7 Mini, type this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step No 7: When the recovery installation completes, give the following command:
Step No 8: Just reboot your ZTE Axon 7 Mini into recovery mode to flash SuperSU by giving this command:
adb reboot recovery
9: Simply tap on the Install option in TWRP, browse UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip where you’ve transferred. Select it.
It will take some time, so please wait.
Step No 10: Now you’ll need to reboot your ZTE Axon 7 Mini by navigating to Reboot > System option.
Congrats! You have successfully root and install TWRP recovery for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. To confirm that either your ZTE Axon 7 Mini is properly rooted or not, download and install the Root Checker app from the Play Store.