Nowadays Samsung is working hard and it is very quickly releasing the Android 10 update for his latest devices. Recently, Samsung has started pushing out the new software official update, stable Android 10 for Galaxy M30 and M20 variants. Now the users of these both devices will be happy to download and install the latest stable Android 10 OS officially. The Samsung Galaxy M30 and M20 are the first budget devices that received the stable Android 10 official update. The most recent update comes with build id M205FDDU3CSL4 and M305FDDU3CSL4 along with the December security patch.
Also, the update brings many new features, system UI changes, system improvements and much more. Samsung already released the official stable Android 10 update for some devices and last month shared the schedule of those devices which are getting the update soon. Now the time is to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy M30 and M20 devices to Google’s latest Android 10th generation OS. The Android 10 official update brings lots of features such as Dark mode to the home screen, new tools for digital wellness, and changes to the Smart Lock screen and much more.
You will enjoy the new One UI 2.0 Skin. The Samsung started rolling out the stable Android 10 for Galaxy M30 and M20 official update via OTA in a phase-wise manner. So if you have not received the new software update for any reason and excited to flash the update as soon as possible, then still you can install it manually by following our given guide. Here in this article, we share the OTA file link for you, through that you can download and install it on your device with the Odin tool.
Not necessary but it is better to take the backup of all your phone’s data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing the stable Android 10 for Galaxy M30 and M20 official update, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy M30 and M20 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy M30 and M20 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy M30 and M20; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy M30 and M20 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your M30 and M20 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy M30 and M20 are rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on M30 and M20”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
- Download One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 for the Galaxy M20
- Download One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 for the Galaxy M30
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy M30 and M20 One UI 2.0 Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy M30 and M20 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy M30 and M20 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy M30 and M20. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy M30 and M20 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 on Galaxy M30 and M20. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.