Samsung has given a sweet treat to Galaxy Note 9 owners on the New Year occasion. Samsung started rolling out the stable Android 10 for Galaxy Note 9. So those users who already using the beta version now can upgrade their devices to the latest stable version of Android 10. If you did not use the beta version still you can upgrade your device by installing the full OTA file on your device. Here in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to download and install the stable Android 10 for Galaxy Note 9, official update.
The latest official firmware has some new features, customization, and many other improvements. Also, the Android 10 update brings the December 2019 security patch which fixes a lot of bugs and errors. The stable Android 10 official update comes with build number N960FXXU4DSLB and the update is about 100MB in size. Previously Samsung released the roadmap of the official Android 10 update and according to the roadmap, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 received a stable update in January 2020. The company has given surprise and early rolling out the official stable Android 10 for Galaxy Note 9 update.
Samsung started rolling out the most recent update via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you have not received the new update then first check manually by going to phone Settings > System update and clicking the Download button. If you find the latest update then just download and install it on your device. Otherwise, you can install it manually by following our given below detailed guide. The most recent update is packed with lots of new features such as Bixby Routines; include an app crash in Samsung Pass, unstable mobile hotspot connection stability and much more.
Also, the update brings Samsung Skin One UI 2.0. After flashing this latest official update, you can get the experience of the latest Android 10 stable version and enjoy all the features and improvements. If you wish to download and install stable Android 10 for Galaxy Note 9 official update, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
DroidGuides will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 9; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Note 9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 9 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 9 is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on Note 9”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy Note 9 Official Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 9 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 on Galaxy Note 9. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.