Samsung promised to release the stable Android 10 for Galaxy S10 official update very soon. The company has fulfilled its promise and started rolling out the latest official update which is the stable version of Android 10 based on One UI 2.0. Now the German users are getting the stable official update based on Android 10 for Galaxy S10. The latest update comes with many improvements, some changes, new features added and so on. Also, the update brings the December 2019 security patch which fixes most of the bugs.
The size of One UI 2.0 official update is about 2.4 GB. Here in this article, we are sharing the step by step guide for you. By following this guide, you can easily upgrade your device to the latest stable official firmware. After installing the update, users can get the experience of the latest stable version of Android 10 OS and enjoy the features.
The Android 10 update is packed with some new features such as system-wide dark theme, improving its Samsung apps, more granular location permissions, new gesture-based navigation, adding more ways to access the one-handed mode, making the battery usage graph more detailed and much more. Samsung started rolling out the stable update Android 10 for Galaxy S10 via OTA and currently available in the Germany region.
If you have not received the new software notification for any reason yet and can’t wait for the OTA update, then still you can install it manually. Given below we share the direct link of OTA file, through that you can download and install it on your device. After downloading, you can flash the official firmware on your Samsung device with the help of the Odin flashing tool. It is one of the best flashing tools which is developed by Samsung. Now go to the instructions portion and follow the given guide.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy S10 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S10 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S10; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S10 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your S10 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S10 is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on S10”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy S10 One UI 2.0 Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy S10 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S10 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S10. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S10 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 on Galaxy S10. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.