In this guide, we will show you how you can remove Orange, Yellow or Red state warnings on Mediatek devices. When we talk about customization of phone chipsets, Snapdragon chipsets usually hold the crown in the area of custom development. Talking about MediaTek devices, they also have much to offer in the area of custom development. A handful amount of compatibility is also available for MediaTek chipsets. Listing down a few, you can unlock your Mediatek device’s bootloader, flash custom binaries, gain extra authority over your device by rooting it and also install various custom mods.
But some of these custom developments might lead to State warnings on MediaTek devices. You see state warnings when any of these developments involve interactions with the verified boot image state. This usually happens when you unlock your phone’s bootloader or when you install any modified binaries are not provided on your locked bootloader by your OEM. Resulting from this, your device gives you warnings, defined by different colours. In this article, we will be looking over the meaning of these color coded warnings and we will mention the step by step methods to remove orange, yellow or red state warnings on MediaTek phones.
What are Orange, Yellow, or Red State Warnings on Mediatek Phones?
Before you go on to remove these warnings, you should get to know what each of these warnings mean. There are basically four states, lets see what each of them means:
- If your device is in the green state, it means that your device’s bootloader is locked and verified. In addition to that, it also suggests that the Keystore is verified with an OEM key which ultimately means that the boot image was verified by Keystore also.
- If your device is in the yellow state, it means that a different Keystore has been used to verify the boot image.
- After that, comes the orange state. If your device is in the orange state, this means that your device has been unlocked which means that no verification has been done. If your device is in this state, it will show you the following message: “Your device has been unlocked and can’t be trusted..Your device will boot in 5 seconds”.
- Finally, there is the red state. If you find your device is in this state, this means that your device is in the locked state or verified state had a boot image, but with the boot image not being verified. Usually devices that are bricked are present in this state. In addition to that, you get a message stating “Your device has failed verification and may not…..work properly…Please download %s image with the correct signature…..or disable verified boot….Your device will reboot in 5 seconds”.
Also keep in mind that if your device is getting the red state warning, your device may not reboot to the home screen. If you find yourself in this situation, you will need to flash your device back to stock firmware.
How to Remove Orange, Yellow, or Red State Warnings on Mediatek Phones
Now that you are informed about the meanings and causes of the state warnings on MediaTek, you will find it easier to understand the rest of the guide. First, check out the pre-requisites section and make sure that all the conditions are fulfilled. Once you are done, advance to the steps to remove yellow, orange or red state warnings on Mediatek devices.
- First of all, you need to check if your device has a Verified Boot (dm-verity), then you will have to disable it.
- After that, you are required to get the LK.bin or .img file from your device’s stock firmware.
- Finally, you also need to download and install a Hex editor on your computer. In this guide, we have utilized HxD and we have mentioned the steps according to this editor.
Remove Red Warnings
STEP 1: First, open the HxD editor on your computer and head to “File” on the top left corner of the interface and select “Open”.
STEP 2: After that, select the MK file that you have downloaded from the stock firmware files of your device and then click on OK.
STEP 3: Once the file is loaded up in the editor, you will see something as shown in the image below.
STEP 4: Now you need to go to “Search” and click “Find”.
STEP 5: Under the Find Dialog box, select Text-String as the data type.
STEP 6: Next, you will have to type in the state of your phone, Red, orange or yellow depending on the state you need to remove, in the “Search for” field. In this case, type Red State and then click on OK.
STEP 7: Now you will see the warning messages on the right side of your screen. Here, you need to select the text, starting from “Red State” up to “in 5 seconds”. Use the image provided below for reference. When you have selected the text mentioned above, their corresponding hexadecimal values on the left will be automatically selected.
STEP 8: In this step, you have to change all of the highlighted values on the left to the value 00. After this, your warning message in English will automatically be translated to ‘……..’.
STEP 9: This is how you can remove red state warnings on Mediatek devices. Now lets proceed to the removal of orange state warnings on Mediatek devices.
Remove Orange Warnings Mediatek
STEP 1: First launch the Hex editor and find the dialog box using Ctrl + F. Then type “Orange State” under the Search For field and also make sure that the data type is set to Text-String.
STEP 2: Next, select the warning text on the right starting from “Orange State” to “5 seconds”. When you have selected the text mentioned, their corresponding hexadecimal values on the left will be automatically selected.
STEP 3: Once again, change these numerical values to 00. After this, your warning message in English will automatically be translated to ‘……..’.
STEP 4: Once you are done, make sure to go to “File” and click on “Save”.
STEP 5: After this, you would be able to see two different files in the directory. One is the Ik file, which we recently modified and has to be flashed now on your device. The second file is the lk.bak file, which is the original unmodified file which can be used as a backup. If something goes wrong, you could undo it by flashing this backup file again.
Now, you have successfully removed the Red and orange warning states on your Mediatek device. Now lets proceed to how you can remove the 5 seconds boot delay time in Orange State warning. But be informed that this method is not supported by all of the Mediatek devices.
Removing 5 seconds boot delay time
STEP 1: First, you need to start up the HxD editor on your PC.
STEP 2: Next, head over to File > Open, select the lk file, and then click Open.
STEP 3: When the file has been uploaded to the HxD editor, head over to Search and select Find.
STEP 4: Then go over to Hex-values section and search for the following string: 7B441B681B68012B
STEP 5: In the line in which the value is located, you will be able to see the 08B5**** values before it. The stars mean that it can be any two pairs of numbers but the first two pairs will absoluterly be 08 and B5. This means that the syntax will be 08B5****7B441B681B68012B. In this case, the four stars correspond to 0A and 4B, hence our code becomes 08B50A4B7B441B681B68012B.
STEP 6: Now you need to copy this new string of characters: 08B5002008BD1B681B68012B
STEP 7: Then select your earlier 24 characters, which in our case was 08B50A4B7B441B681B68012B, right-click on it and select the Paste insert option.
STEP 8: Now the previous code will be replaced with the newer one that you pasted just now and will be displayed in red color as shown in the image above.
STEP 9: Once that is done, go to File > Save. You could now flash this file onto your device.
And that was it from our side on how to remove state warnings on Mediatek devices. We hope that you found this article helpful. If you face any difficulties, feel free to reach us through the comment section below.