Xiaomi recently released the best mid-range devices which are Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. Now you can download and install the unofficial TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro and root with Magisk. As we all know that Xiaomi phones are developer-friendly. The company already released the kernel source code for these both devices after some time of launching. Now the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro started getting the unofficial TWRP custom recovery. All thanks to the XDA Senior Member simonsmh and TWRP team for building and sharing this latest unofficial TWRP recovery.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro came with great hardware and the latest Android 10 OS. So if you are advanced users and wish to modify your device or customize your device, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we come with a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install the unofficial TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro and root with Magisk. There are many advantages of flashing this unofficial TWRP custom recovery.
Once you install the TWRP recovery on your device, you will be able to root your device, flash different custom ROMs, Kernels, create/restore Nandroid backups, and much more. After installing the TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, you will be able to root your device with the help of Magisk. Rooting is the process through that you can get full access to the internal filesystem of your device or you become the superuser. Magisk is the most popular and best android rooting tool.
Magisk is a rooting tool that roots your device systemless without any kind of risk. Keep in mind that installing the TWRP recovery and root may void your phone warranty. Also, it wipes clean all your phone, so before proceeding take the full backup of all your phone important data. Now go to the download section and follow the given instructions.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an Unofficial process so that you will lose the warranty of your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, and audio files on Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro before starting the flashing process. We recommend keeping everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked. Otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download TWRP 3.3.1 For Xiaomi Mi 10
- Download TWRP 3.3.1 For Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- Download Magisk 14.2 zip file – Download (Always check the latest update from Official Forum)
- Download Magisk Manager 5.3.5 apk – Download
- Download SuperSU
Steps To Install UnOfficial TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro And Root With Magisk:
1: First of all transfer the SuperSU zip package to your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro that you have already downloaded from the above link.
2: Now rename Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro TWRP Recovery file to recovery.img.
3: Move recovery.img to platform-tools folder in the Android SDK folder.
4: After moving the image to the Android SDK folder, connect Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro to your PC via USB cable.
5: Now launch a command prompt window from inside the platform-tools folder and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
6: After the bootloader screen appears on the screen of your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro, type this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7: After the Recovery flashing process completes, give the following command:
8: Just reboot your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro into recovery mode to flash SuperSU by giving this command:
adb reboot recovery
9: Simply tap on the Install option in TWRP, browse UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip where you’ve transferred. Select it.
It will take some time, wait till it’s flashed after confirming the installation.
10: Now you’ll need to reboot your Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro by navigating to Reboot > System option.
These were the easy steps to Install Unofficial TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro.