Now the users can unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2 and then customize their devices. As we all know that the HMD Global has not any official mechanism for unlocking bootloaders on Nokia phones. So without unlocking bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2, the users will not be able to customize their devices. But no need to worry about that, here in this article we come with a way through that you can unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2.
Given below we are sharing a step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2 devices without any kind of risk. Both devices were launched in February 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie OS. Recently both devices received the stable Android 10 official update. Fortunately in that official update, unlocking bootloader option is available and you can easily unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2.
Just go to the device settings and enable the “OEM unlocking” in Developer options. Once you unlock the bootloader on your device, you will be able to customize your device beyond the limits. After unlocking, you can flash different custom ROMs, install TWRP custom recovery, root your device, create and restore the Nandroid backup, and much more. Also, you can install third-party apps that are not possible in official stock firmware.
Keep in mind that unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2 may void your phone warranty. Also, it wipes to clean your phone important data. So it is better to take the full backup of all your device data before proceeding. If you want to unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Keep in mind that, all the data on your phone will be wiped clean while Unlocking bootloader such as music, photos, videos & apps. We highly recommend making a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Android phone while following this tutorial. Proceed it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC. (USB Drivers)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. (For Windows) It will create an ADB & fastboot folder
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% before initiating the unlocking process to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- How To Backup Your Android Device Without Root
Enable OEM Unlocking
First, you need to enable the “OEM Unlocking” option in the hidden “Developer options” menu. To enable it:
- Go to “Settings” → “System” → “About phone”.
- Find “Build number” and continuously tap on it 7 times.
- You should see the “You’re now a developer!” message on the phone’s screen.
- Now go to “Settings” → “System” → “Developer options”.
- Scroll down and turn on the “OEM unlocking” toggle.
- Select “Enable” when prompted, to finally enable OEM unlocking on your Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2 Using Fastboot Commands:
- First, connect your phone to your computer using its USB data cable.
- Navigate to the ADB & fastboot folder. Within that folder, open the command window.
- Reboot the phone into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure that the correct Android USB drivers are installed on the PC).
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, type the following command and hit Enter. It will check the fastboot connectivity. If your USB drivers are correctly installed then the device will be connected properly.
- Once in the bootloader, type the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. (Please note that the following command will unlock your phone and wipe all data)
fastboot oem unlock
- That’s All! Restart your Android device and boot your unlocked device by giving this command:
- To check the bootloader status, that either the bootloader is unlocked successfully or not. Give the following command and it should return “True” on unlock status.
If you use Mac or Linux machine, use the code: “./fastboot oem unlock” for iOS and “sudo fastboot oem unlock” on Linux.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or queries.
Done! You have successfully unlocked bootloader on Nokia 3.2 and the Nokia 4.2.