Here are the instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7.2 smartphone. We already know that Nokia does not allow its users officially to unlock the bootloader on their devices. There is an unofficial way through that users can unlock the bootloader on their Nokia devices, but that method requires you to pay a small fee for acquiring the device-specific unlock code. Without unlocking the bootloader, you will not be able to customize your device such as flash TWRP custom recovery and root your device. All thanks to the HMD Global, who launched the Nokia 7.2 smartphone that will help you to easily unlock the bootloader using some commands on PC / Laptop.
Here is a simple way through that you can unlock bootloader on Nokia 7.2 smartphone. After unlocking the bootloader on your device, you are free and customize your device beyond the limits. There are many advantages of unlocking the bootloader on Android phones such as flashing custom ROMs, Mods, root your device and much more. Unlocking the bootloader of Android devices means you can modify the Android system files. Once you unlock the bootloader on the Nokia smartphone, you can get the privileged control over various Android hidden features and remove all the restrictions applied by the manufacturer.
According to the XDA-Developers forums, many users have already successfully unlocked the bootloader on their phones using the given below method. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader may void your phone’s warranty. Also, take the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you wish to unlock the bootloader on your phone, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Keep in mind that, all the data on your phone will be wiped clean while Unlocking bootloader such as music, photos, videos & apps. We highly recommend making a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Android phone while following this tutorial. Proceed it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC. (USB Drivers)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. (For Windows) It will create an ADB & fastboot folder
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% before initiating the unlocking process to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- How To Backup Your Android Device Without Root
Enable OEM Unlocking
First, you need to enable the “OEM Unlocking” option in the hidden “Developer options” menu. To enable it:
- Go to “Settings” → “System” → “About phone”.
- Find “Build number” and continuously tap on it 7 times.
- You should see the “You’re now a developer!” message on the phone’s screen.
- Now go to “Settings” → “System” → “Developer options”.
- Scroll down and turn on the “OEM unlocking” toggle.
- Select “Enable” when prompted, to finally enable OEM unlocking on your Nokia 7.2/6.2.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Nokia 7.2 Using Fastboot Commands
- First, connect your phone to your computer using its USB data cable.
- Navigate to the ADB & fastboot folder. Within that folder, open the command window.
- Reboot the phone into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure that the correct Android USB drivers are installed on the PC).
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, type the following command and hit Enter. It will check the fastboot connectivity. If your USB drivers are correctly installed then the device will be connected properly.
- Once in the bootloader, type the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. (Please note that the following command will unlock your phone and wipe all data)
fastboot oem unlock
- That’s All! Restart your Android device and boot your unlocked device by giving this command:
- To check the bootloader status, that either the bootloader is unlocked successfully or not. Give the following command and it should return “True” on unlock status.
If you use Mac or Linux machine, use the code: “./fastboot oem unlock” for iOS and “sudo fastboot oem unlock” on Linux.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or queries.