Poco has recently launched his second smartphone which is Poco X2. Today we are going to share a guide on how to unlock bootloader on Poco X2. We already know that Xiaomi devices are developer-friendly and easily customizable by users. So if you are the owner of Poco X2 and wish to flash custom ROM, flash TWRP custom recovery root your phone, then first you need to unlock bootloader on Poco X2. In the field of Android customization, unlocking the bootloader is the main concern. Once you unlock the bootloader, you will be able to root or flash custom ROM.
By following our given below simple step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on Poco X2. Most of the Android phones come with locked bootloaders from the companies. The Poco X2 also comes with a locked bootloader. So if you are the owner of this device and want to unlock the bootloader, then you are in the right place. Xiaomi officially allows users to unlock their devices in few steps. After unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device, you can flash third party themes, Xposed modules, changing system fonts, custom boot animations, installing different custom ROM and so on.
Now we are talking about the specification of the Poco X2 smartphone. The Poco X2 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS LCD punch hole Display with a resolution of 1080×2400. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset, which pairs the Adreno 618 processor along with 6/8 GB of RAM and 64/128/256 GB of internal storage. The Poco X2 has a quad rear camera setup which is 64MP+8MP+2MP+2MP and in the front single 20MP camera for selfie. The smartphone is running out of the box on Android 10 based on MIUI 11 OS.
If you wish to flash custom firmware and customize your device beyond the limits, then unlocking bootloader is the first and main step. Keep in mind that before proceeding, take the full backup of all your phone’s important data. Now proceed to unlock bootloader on Poco X2.
We, at AndroidBlog.gs, will not be held liable for any kind of damage that occurred to your Poco X2 device during or after the unlocking bootloader on the Poco X2 process. Proceed at your own risk.
Keep in mind that the Unlocking device bootloader will void your phone warranty, and you will not be able to claim it.
- This guide will wipe clean all the data on your phone. So, we highly recommend you to make a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while unlocking the bootloader.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting > Developer Options > Enable Developer Options.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart your device.
Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Poco X2 Via Mi Flash Unlock Tool:
- First, download the Mi flash unlock tool from the above link.
- Install it on your PC / Laptop and connect your device via USB cable.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or query.