Realme announced one of the best mid-range devices which is Realme 6 Pro in March 2020. Now you can unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro and install unofficial TWRP custom recovery. The Realme 6 Pro comes with high specifications and the latest Android OS. The smartphone comes with 6.6 inches display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The Realme 6 Pro is powered by Octa-core, Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G processor along with 6/8 GB of RAM and 64 / 128 GB of internal storage.
The smartphone is packed with a quad-camera setup which is 64+8+12+2 MP in the rear and 16+8 MP cameras in front. The Realme 6 Pro is running on Realme UI based on Android 10 OS out of the box. So if you are the user of this great phone and wish to customize your device beyond the limits, then you are at the right place. Here in this article we come with a step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader and install unofficial TWRP custom recovery on Realme 6 Pro.
As we all know that Realme is a developer-friendly brand. So after some time, the company has released the kernel source for Realme 6 Pro. Recently, the TWRP custom recovery is available for Realme 6 Pro and ready to install on your device. All thanks to the XDA Member nullxception for sharing the unofficial TWRP custom recovery for Realme 6 Pro. Keep in mind that before flashing the TWRP custom recovery, your device should have an unlocked bootloader. Given below we share the detailed guide on how to unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro.
You can unlock the bootloader with the help of an unlocking flash tool. This is an official unlock bootloader tool which is introduced by Realme. With the help of this tool, you can easily unlock bootloader on Realme 6 Pro without any kind of risk. After that, you will be able to flash the TWRP custom recovery on Realme 6 Pro. Now without wasting time go to the download section and follow the given instructions.
We, at AndroidBlog.gs, will not be held liable for any kind of damage that occurred to your Realme 6 Pro device during or after the unlocking bootloader on the Realme 6 Pro process. Proceed at your own risk.
Keep in mind that the Unlocking device bootloader will void your phone warranty, and you will not be able to claim it.
- This guide will wipe clean all the data on your phone. So, we highly recommend you to make a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while unlocking the bootloader.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting > Developer Options > Enable Developer Options.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart your device.
Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 6 Pro Via Special unlock Tool:
Step 1. Turn on developer mode
Go to “Settings” → “About Phone” → “Version Information” and click “Version Number” 7 times to open the developer mode;
Step 2. Open hemlock
Go to “Settings” → “Other Settings” → “Developer Mode” and turn on OEM unlocking;
Step 3. Use APK to enter fastboot mode
Connect to the Internet, open the APK, and apply for unlocking in the APK.
Step 4. Click “Start Application”, please read the “Disclaimer” carefully and manually check the consent.
Step 5. Click “Submit Application” and then click “Back” to return to the application interface and wait for about 15 minutes. You can check whether you have passed the audit through the “Query Audit Status” in the application interface.
Step 6. Unlock fastboot, After passing the review, click “Start Deep Test” and the phone will restart to the START interface.
Step 7. Connect the computer and run: fastboot flashing unlock
a. Go to https://www.xda-developers.com/google-releases-separate-adb-and-fastboot-binary-downloads/ download the platform-tools tool for Windows
b. After downloading, unzip it to the root of c drive
c. Keyboard Win + R Enter CMD and Enter
d. Type cd .. and then Enter until C: \ is displayed
e. Enter cd platform-tools
f. Enter fastboot flashing unlock and then enter Step 8 of this post
Step 8. Follow the phone interface prompts, press the volume down button to select unlock, and then press the power button to confirm. After selecting UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER, the phone will restore the factory settings and restart to the language selection interface.
Steps to Install TWRP Custom Recovery For Realme 6 Pro
Follow the given guide containing the direct link to download SP Flash Tool and instructions to install TWRP Recovery.
1. First of all, Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools and install them on your PC.
2. Now, connect your Realme 6 Pro to your PC using its USB data cable.
3. Move the downloaded TWRP into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
4. Open the folder where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows. Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
5. Type in the following command and press Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
6. The above command will boot your phone into bootloader mode. You can also boot your phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
7. While your phone is now in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-RMX1801.img
Done! These were the complete steps to install TWRP recovery on Realme 6 Pro. Just enter Recovery Mode (TWRP recovery) by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.