Today, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia 5. Sony opens the door of customizations for the Xperia 5 users. Sony Xperia 5 is the latest smartphone from Sony that comes with better hardware and the latest Android software. If you are not satisfied with the current version of OS or its performance, then you can change it by a custom ROM and customize your device. You will be able to do all these tasks after unlocking the bootloader on Sony Xperia 5.
Unlocking the bootloader of any Android phone is the way through that you can get access to customize your device. So after unlocking bootloader on Sony Xperia 5, you can customize it beyond the limits. Sony devices come with a locked bootloader and the good news is that the company has announced that now you can unlock the bootloader on your device. The Sony Xperia 5 smartphone can be easily unlocked. Here in this article, we come with a simple guide on how to unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia 5.
After unlocking the bootloader, you can flash different custom ROMs, kernels, take Nandroid backup of your phone, root your device, install TWRP custom recovery, enhanced system speed and so on. A bootloader is a small code that places the operating system on to your device and it executes when you power on your device. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader may void your phone’s warranty. If you are an advanced user and want to customize your device, follow the given below instructions carefully and unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia 5 smartphone.
We, at DroidGuides, will not be held liable for any kind of damage that occurred to your Sony Xperia 5 device during or after the unlocking bootloader on the Sony Xperia 5 process. Proceed at your own risk.
Keep in mind that the Unlocking device bootloader will void your phone warranty, and you will not be able to claim it.
- This guide will wipe clean all the data on your phone. So, we highly recommend you to make a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while unlocking the bootloader.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting > Developer Options > Enable Developer Options.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart your device.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia 5:
- Unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia 5
These were the easy instructions on how to unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia 5. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.