A step-by-step guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Any ZTE Android Device: Being a ZTE phone owner, you’ll be glad to know that now you can get much out of your ZTE phone than what it currently offers. Like, you can easily install custom recoveries, custom ROMs, Kernel and much more. The first thing is, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader, root your device and install custom Android OS. After unlocking the bootloader of your ZTE phone and rooting your phone, you can flash custom ROMs, recovery, MODs, Kernel and get root access over the internal file system of your phone to enjoy the awesome experience.
It’s a little tricky operation to unlock the bootloader of an Android phone as a misstep can ruin your device. Also, keep in mind that unlocking bootloader will void the warranty of your phone. Most of the Android smartphones come with locked bootloader due to security reasons. The unlocking bootloader process is different for different Android phones such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, and ZTE. Here is a complete guide that how to unlock the bootloader for ZTE Android devices.
Proceed to the given guide to unlock the bootloader of your ZTE device that will enable you to install the modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files.
After Unlocking The Bootloader of ZTE Phone, you can:
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Root ZTE phone and install various apps that need root permission.
- Install custom ROMs with latest Android OS and unique features.
- Install new themes on your device.
- Block ads and install tons of mods.
- Create a complete backup of all your existing data on your phone as the unlocking bootloader process will wipe out all the data on your phone.
- Download and install the latest ZTE USB driver installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone and OEM Unlock Option.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot for your ZTE device on your PC.
- The battery level of your ZTE phone must be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
Check Popular Posts:
How To: Unlock Bootloader on All ZTE Android Devices
Step 1. First, connect your ZTE device to the PC computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Navigate to ADB and Fastboot folder and open command prompt within the folder by pressing the Shift key and Right-clicking on the empty space and selecting the option from the drop-down.
Step 3. Type the following command and hit enter.
You might see a prompt on your device like “Allow USB Debugging”. Choose the option ‘Always Allow From This Computer’.
Step 4. Next, give the following command to reboot your device in bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5. After rebooting the device into bootloader mode, type the given command to check if fastboot drivers are working correctly. If the drivers are installed correctly then you’ll see the device on the list.
Step 6. Now type the following command and it will wipe out everything and your device’s bootloader will be unlocked.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 7. At the end, execute the following command to reboot your ZTE phone.
The rebooting process will take a while so be patient. Disconnect the phone from the PC.
Done! You have successfully unlocked bootloader of ZTE phone.