Here, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to update Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile To Android 8.1 via Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM. Finally, Android Oreo 8.1 for Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile (N900T) has now arrived via a development build. Android Oreo 8.1 is the Google’s latest mobile operating system which is released officially for Pixel and Nexus supported devices. Android 8.1 Oreo is called the safest and fastest version of Android. Now you can enjoy all the features and experience the latest Android Oreo OS via this Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM. Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile was launched in September 2013 and comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop. There is no news from Samsung about Android 8.1 Oreo official update for Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile.
So by flashing this Lineage OS 15.1 custom firmware, you can test the real backed Oreo on your old device. Android 8.1 Oreo ROM comes with new features like AutoFill, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Picture-In-Picture, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password and much more. This ROM is not officially announced by Samsung but just a custom ROM. Your device should be rooted and have the latest version of a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed on it to flash the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide you can easily update Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile to Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom firmware. The Lineage OS 15.1 ROM comes with some unique features, improved the performance of your system, strong security and speed improvements that keep you safe and move fast.
However, keep in mind that this custom ROM is currently in the development phase, so you may face some minor bugs but don’t worry they will be fixed with time but the ROM is stable enough to use on daily basis. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom firmware on Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the official Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM is working with the Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
Check Popular Posts:
- Install Resurrection Remix M Android 6.0.1 custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3 – How To
- How To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM On Galaxy Note 3
- Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 to Official Android 5.0 Lollipop N9005XXUGBOB6 Firmware
- Update Galaxy Note 3 Neo N750L / K / S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Update Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to Android 5.0 Lollipop N900XXUEBOA6 Official Firmware
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on ZUK Z2 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Download and Install Gapps on Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile during or after the installation of official Lineage OS 15.1 Custom Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Note 3 is at least about 80% before moving to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the Note 3 on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of your important data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Note 3 from Settings > Developer Options.
- The Note 3 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
Steps To Flash Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile :
1: – First, download the official Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your PC. Do not extract these files.
2: – Now, connect your Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile to the PC using its USB data cable.
3: – Move the official Lineage OS 15.1 firmware, and Google Apps zipped files to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
4: – Now, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
5: – Turn ON the Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for a while until the device enters into Recovery Mode.
6: – Go back to the main recovery menu and perform a full data wipe. This includes Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory data reset.
7: – Go back the main Recovery menu and choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card.
8: – Find the ROM file that you’ve already transferred to the root folder of your SD Card in Step No 3. Select the official Lineage OS 15.1 ROM .zip file and proceed the installation process.
9: – Once the ROM is successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile, install Google Apps package by following the same procedure as given above.
10: – After the installation of official Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Google Apps, select reboot system now to restart your Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile.
It will take about 5 minutes to boots up for the first time after installing ROM on your phone.
That’s All! You have successfully updated Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with official Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM.