Android 5.1.1 based Resurrection Remix ROM has been released for the Galaxy S4 I9500 a few days ago and now GT-I9500 owners will be glade to know that this latest Remix ROM based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for their handsets. Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM comes with alot of new features like LCD Density changer, theme chooser and gesture control etc which are not available in the official updates as well as in the factory images from Google.
Many users have tested this ROM and found it fast, smooth and highly-stable. If you would like to install this Resurrection Remix ROM then go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM which is not officially released by Samsung, thus you’ll be required to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP in order to flash the ROM and Google Apps .zip files on your S4 I9500.
Before going ahead to the installation instructions, check out the noteworthy features of this latest Remix ROM:
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM Features:
- Navigation Bar
- Enable/Disable Navbar
- Navbar Ring Switch
- Navbar Ring Targets
- Navbar Button Customization
- Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- SuperUser Indicator Switch
- Carrier Label
- Carrier Label Switch
- Carrier label Colour
- Quick PullDown Switch
- Smart Pulldown Switch
- Clock Customizations
- Time & date
- Clock Colour
- Day & date Toogle
- Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
- Battery Bar customization
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- Battery % Text
- Network Traffic Indicator
- Theme Chooser
- RR exclusive PITCH BLACK THEME
- Toast Animations
- ListView Animations
- System Animations
- Gestures Anywhere Feature
- App Circle Bar
- Choose apps in App circle
- Trigger Width
- Trigger Hieght
- Trigger Position
- Recents Panel
- Clear All button Switch
- Clear All Tasks Switch
- Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
- Cclock Widget
- CLock And Alarm Customizations
- Weather Panel Customizations
- Calender Events
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Choose upto 5 Shortcuts
- 100+ Icons for Shortcuts
- Quick Slider Shortcuts
- Notification Drawer
- Weather Display Switch
- Quick Settings
- Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
- Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
- Enable Disable Birghtness Slider in Notification Panel
- Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
- LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
- Backlight Timer
- Backlight Strength
- Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
- Power Menu
- Power Menu End Calls Switch
- Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Home Button Wake Up
- Home Button answer call
- Long Press Actions
- Double Tap Actions
- Back Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up device Switch
- Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up Device Switch
- Short Press Actions
- Long Press Actions
- Search Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up Device
- Short Press Action
- Long Press Action
- Volume Buttons
- Wake Up Device
- Playback Control
- Keyboard Cursor Control
- Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
- Performance Profiles
- LCD Density
- Expanded Desktop Mode
- All New CM Audio FX App
- Heads Up Customizations
- OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- Quick Unlock
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- ALL CM12 Features
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM and instructions are working only with the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9500 on the PC.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM/TWRP recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy S4, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns while the firmware installation.
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 I9500 using Resurrection Remix ROM:
Follow the given step by step guide to update Galaxy S4 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
1:- First, download Android 5.1.1 Resurrection custom ROM (Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.5-20150520-i9500.zip) for Galaxy S4 (I9500) on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3:- Transfer Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4:- Unplug the Galaxy S4 (I9500) from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home +Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced >Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while installing Resurrection Remix ROM featuring Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4.
NOTE: If the device gets stuck at boot loop (while rebooting), then just do a factory reset from recovery mode to fix the issue.
What are the none bugs ??? Is it ok for daily use ??
Does eye sensor ,air view ,air gesture will be supported in resurrection remis 5.1.1 for samsung galaxy s4 gt i9500 exynos processor
does not work friend..i cleared and wiped cache..while installing it shows number of erorrs
which is the delvik cache ???? In my own Start menu does not have. The trials and sets error ….