Samsung’s old flagship smartphone Galaxy S4 can be upgraded now to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. crDroid custom ROM is available for the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 which is based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. This crDroid ROM came with a lot of custom features like call blacklist, don’t disturb mode, AdBlocker and Ambient Backlight control etc. Below we have given a list of all highlighted features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow based crDroid custom ROM.
Many users have tested this ROM and found it very stable and its performance is brilliant on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Remember that this ROM is not officially released by Samsung, thus you’ll be required to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM in order to flash the ROM and Gapps .zip files on your Galaxy S4. All you need to have a custom recovery installed and the phone should be rooted, otherwise you’ll not be able to install crDroid Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM on your S4. Go ahead and follow the given instructions on how to flash Android 6.0 based crDroid custom firmware on Galaxy S4 LTE i9505.
Android 6.0 crDroid Marshmallow Custom Firmware Features:
- Volume panel timeout
- Slim recents panel
- Clear recents location
- Lock app on recents panel
- SlimRoms Heads up (with snooze time, timeout, touch to hide and swipe behavior)
- SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Ticker notifications
- Navbar on/off
- Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
- Power menu in navring targets
- SlimPie controls with all working
- Sound panel option om power menu
- Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
- Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
- Power menu and notifications tiles
- Four tiles per row
- Vibrate on tiles touch
- Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
- CAF task manager
- Kill app back button configurable timeout
- Ambient display with a bunch of options
- System apps remover
- IME advanced settings
- SELinux switch
- Network traffic meter
- RAM bar in recents panel
- Wakelock blocker
- Battery saver enhancements
- Non intrusive incoming call
- Option to disable battery saver orange bars
- Swipe behavior
- Touch outside behavior
This guide containing the Android 6.0 crDroid custom ROM and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505. Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
DroidGuides will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 during or after the installation of Android 6.0 Marshmallow crDroid custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9505 on the PC.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy S4, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns while the firmware installation.
Steps to Flash Android 6.0 crDroid Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
Follow the given instructions to install the latest Android 6.0 custom firmware on on your Galaxy S4 via crDroid custom ROM:
1:- First, download Android 6.0 crDroid custom ROM (crdroid-6.0.0-20151208-jfltexx.zip) for Galaxy S4 (I9505) on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3:- Transfer Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4:- Unplug the Galaxy S4 (I9505) from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
8:- Navigate to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow crDroid custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while installing crDroid ROM featuring Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S4.