Huawei has released their latest smartphone in the P series, Huawei P8 Lite. This mobile phone was released with Android 7.0 Nougat. Now, most of the Huawei users have received the Android 8.0 Oreo but it may take some time to reach some of the Huawei users because of the region.
So, for the users who have not received any official update from Huawei and want to upgrade their Huawei P8 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo, there is a custom ROM designed for them. There are so many unofficial custom ROMS available for Huawei P8 Lite. Today we are going to talk about the GZOSP ROM for Huawei P8 Lite and how to install it on your device.
This ROM is created by XDA member and it is still under work. The ROM is not fully completed yet so there are still some bugs in it which will be fixed in the further updates.
This unofficial ROM for Huawei P8 Lite has some of the features which do not work and we have created a list of all the bugs and the features which works on it.
Here is the list of working features
- Internal and external storage
- Wi-Fi and Gps
- Audio and video
- MTP and ADB connections
Here is the list of features which are not available yet
- Make sure your mobile phone is at least 60% charged before the installation
- Create a backup of all your data on your computer
- You have to make sure that you have an unlocked bootloader on your Device
- You have to install TWRP recovery in your Huawei P8 Lite
- You Huawei P8 Lite should have EMUI 4.1 installed on it.
- Download and install Huawei P8 Lite USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unofficial Huawei P8 Lite Android 8.0 – Download
- TWRP Recovery Compatible with this ROM – Download TWRP
Guide To Install Android 8.0 Oreo-based GZOSP ROM on Huawei P8 Lite
- Make sure all the requirements are completed
- Now download the ROM from the download section and copy it to your device
- Now turn off your Huawei P8 Lite and press & hold power and volume up button to reboot your mobile phone into TWRP recovery mode
- In the TWRP recovery factory reset your device and wipe all the data
- Now select the Zip file GZOSP ROM which you downloaded earlier and swipe it to install the ROM
- Now wait till the ROM installs, after installing your smartphone will automatically reboot.
- After the reboot, your Huawei P8 Lite will be on the latest Android version Android 8.0 Oreo-based on GZOSP ROM.
Let us know in the comments section if you have any query or trouble while following the above-given guide.