The long-awaited Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA update has been finally released for the Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi) devices. This update arrived only a day after the Nexus 7 2013 LTE got the new update from Google. The build number of this firmware is LMY47O and you’ll need to have LRX22G build in order to upgrade to this latest firmware version that brings a lot of feature enhancements and bug-fixes to the Nexus 7 tablet. The size of this new Android 5.1 update is about 170MB.
If you want to get this Android 5.1 Lollipop build number LMY47O then check the OTA notification area on your device. But as the Lollipop update is rolling out in a phased manner, so you may not receive the OTA notification yet, depending upon your region.
Either you can’t access the update via Google’s servers or missed the OTA notification then don’t worry here we’ve given a detailed guide on how to install Android 5.1 build LMY47O OTA update on Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi) manually. Now if you are ready to update your Nexus 7 WiFi then go ahead and follow these instructions. Keep in mind that this is not a leaked firmware but the stock Android 5.1 build LMY47O released by Google.
This guide containing the Android 5.1 OTA update file and instructions are working only with the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi devices. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device before installing OTA update.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 7 2013 WiFi during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop build LMY47O OTA update. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- The Nexus 7 2013 WiFi should be running on Android 5.0 LRX22G Lollipop stock firmware.
- The bootloader of your Nexus 7 tablet should be unlocked.
- Download and install Nexus 7 2013 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- If you are upgrading the Nexus 7 that has already Android Lollipop installed then make sure to check Enable OEMunlock option.
- Download Android SDK from the Android Development site and configure it correctly. [How to]
- Make sure that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
Steps to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi using ADB Sideload:
1:- First download the Android 5.1 LMY47O OTA update file on your PC from the above link.
2:- Move the OTA file to the Platform-Tools directory.
The adb and fastboot files are located in the Paltform-Tools directory.
3:- Connect your Nexus 7 to the PC using its USB data cable, then type and enter the following command to verify that the device is connected properly to the PC with the device’s serial number.
4:- Turn OFF the Nexus 7 2013 to boot into Bootloader mode or Recovery mode.
5:- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time or type and enter this command to boot into Bootloader / Recovery Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Press the Volume Down buttons twice until you have scrolled to Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button to enter into Recovery Mode.
6: While the Nexus 7 2013 is in Android system recovery, highlight apply update from ADB using the Volume Down key and then select is with the Power key.
7:- Next, enter the following command:
adb sideload [OTA File].zip
8:- The progress of transferring the update to your Nexus 7 will appear in command prompt. The phone will automatically reboot and boot to normal mode after the update completes.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi) to the latest Android 5.1 LMY47O stock firmware manually.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any trouble or question regarding the above instructions to install Android 5.1 LMY47O stock firmware on Nexus 7 WiFi.