Here is how to use Android phone as a webcam for your PC or Laptop. If you have a PC or laptop without a webcam then there is no need to worry as we are going to tell you how to use an Android phone camera as a webcam. You don’t need to buy a webcam at all if you have an android smartphone. The most important thing you need is the correct application for this process. Windows software client, and a few settings.
Some of these applications are IP Webcam, Droidcam, and Smartcam for Windows and Linux.users, ‘iVCam’ for iPhone users, EpocCam Webcam for Windows, and ‘macOS’ users and many more. The application that is widely used to convert your android phone into a webcam is ‘Droidcam‘.
The ‘Droidcam’ application is available in both free and paid versions. The free version displays ads on your smartphone screen, while the paid Pro version offers to support high-resolution video, image contrast and sharpness, and many other features. But the free version is sufficient to use its basic function of converting Android phones as webcam.
You may also like:
- Best P2P Payment Apps for Android
- 7 Best Video Meeting Apps
- Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Android and iPhone
How to use Android Phone as a Webcam for your PC:
Download and install the ‘Droidcam’ App:
The first and foremost thing is that you will have to install this application from the link above. As we are using ‘Droidcam’ application for this purpose, so we prefer you to use the same app. The application with the green button Android icon is that you will have to install it on your phone.
Download and install the ‘Droidcam Client’ App on your Windows PC:
You will have to download a client application to connect your phone with your PC or laptop. Now you have to look for ‘Droidcam Windows Client’ on the internet and download it on your PC. Once you tap on the ‘download’ button, a ZIP file will get download to your system. You need to extract its contents.
There is no need to download drivers from any external source. You only need to follow these steps to get the drivers:
- Double click the executable file from your system and install Droidcam client
- Now you will have to click on ‘Proceed’ or ‘Next’ to allow the permissions
- Then you get a notification about whether you want to install driver software from “DEV47 APPS” or not.
- Click on ‘Install’ so that you can download all necessary drivers.
- In case if you are not downloading drivers then the client will not connect the app to your Android phone.
- When the installation is complete, and then move to the next step.
Connect Client with the Application:
Now, you need to connect your phone and PC to use your android phone as a Webcam for your PC. Follow the steps to join:
- Open ‘Droidcam’ app on your smartphone
- Now the application loads a new screen. On this screen, the Wi-Fi network will show, you might connect to one of the mentioned
- You need to keep your phone unlocked as you will need some information from the appeared connection screen
- Now proceed to your PC and open ‘Droidcam Client’ app
- You will find a tab named ‘connect over LAN section.’
- Enter the details required here. You must get details from your phone’s connection screen.
- It will require the same IP and port address mentioned on the phone’s screen.
- Here you have the option so you can change permission access for audio or video.
- Now you can use your phone as a Webcam for your PC or laptop.
Start the Feed from Android phone:
After following these steps you will have to click on the ‘Start’ button to get the video started transmitting to your PC from the Android phone.
These were the simple steps on how to use Android phone as a webcam for your PC. We are very hopeful that this information is very helpful for you if you have any queries feel free to ask in the comment section.