In this guide, we will be discussing about the Easy Mode on Samsung Galaxy phones. With Smartphones, the world has been brought right to our fingertips.
They are really useful and have been around for quite a while now. But even now, some users have not got the grasp of smartphones and still find it hard to navigate through a phone.
For this very purpose, Samsung Galaxy phones have a feature which makes it easier to use phones by making everything more accessible.
So if you are one of those who face difficulty in using a touch screen device, then this guide is for you.
WHAT IS EASY MODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONES?
As the name suggests, the Easy mode on Samsung Galaxy phones is a mode which allows users to have an easier and simpler experience of using their phones.
It is especially for those with weak eye sight and as we mentioned previously, for those who can not use a phone easily. This is done by tweaking the user interface and changing it from different aspects.
Firstly, everything is bigger. By this, I mean that the entire UI is made larger. The increase in size is effective all over the phone. This includes larger app icons, larger navigation buttons, larger text, larger keyboard and much more.
Secondly, Easy mode also has a separate home screen launcher. Along with the larger app icons, we also get to see a clear-cut button which takes you to the whole list of apps.
As shown in the image, the home screen is designed especially such that it makes it easier for users to contact people on their phone. This is done by adding shortcuts.
In order to avoid accidental actions, the touch and hold delay is made longer. It can also be customized in Settings.
Further, the keyboard, along with being larger also has high contrast theme switched on by default in the easy mode.
You can easily turn on the Easy mode on Samsung Galaxy phones from the settings app. All the features and tweaks we mentioned above contribute to a simpler interface for users who find it hard to use a touch screen device.
HOW TO USE EASY MODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY DEVICES
You can easily turn on the Easy mode on your Samsung device by going to Settings. But there are some other aspects of the easy mode that you should know of.
But before that, turn the Easy mode on by heading to Settings app on your device.
- Then go to the Display section in the app.
- Now swipe up until you reach “Easy Mode”. Tap on it.
- To turn the Easy mode on Samsung Galaxy, you just need to turn on the toggle that you see there. You will be able to see the changes to your UI immediately.
- Now that you have turned on the Easy mode on your device, there are some other options that you can set according to your satisfaction.
- One of those is the touch and hold delay. You can decide how long you want the touch and hold to be.
- Further, you can also turn on a high contrast keyboard theme if you want to. Turn on the toggle and then set the keyboard color according to your preference.
So that was it for the settings for the Easy mode on Samsung Galaxy phones. Remember we mentioned a separate home screen launcher previously? Yeah you can customize it too.
So head over to the home screen to tweak the easy mode home screen launcher on your device. When you swipe to the screen at the left, you will be able to see a page for “People” shortcuts.
- You can tap on any one of the empty contact shortcuts to add a new contact to the people shortcut page. When you tap on the empty shortcut, you will need to select “Create Contact” or “Add Existing Contact.” Here you can add any existing contact on your device or add a new one.
- Lastly, there is another useful tool that is available on the home screen of the Easy mode on Samsung Galaxy phones, the Magnifier app which can be found on the right most home screen page. This app opens up a camera which lets you view and magnify things in the real world. So it is extremely useful for those who face difficulty in reading small text.
So that was it from our side on Easy Mode on Samsung Galaxy phones. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.